Merged: Brady Quinn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brady Quinn

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sold on Brady Quinn

I have to admit, after the ND-USC game, I felt he was being overhyped a bit by the media, and here on Finheaven. I wasn't completely sold on him. But I've watched him closely the 3 games since then..... and he's made me a believer.

My god, he was OUTSTANDING today. Yes, it was against Navy, but these weren't easy throws to wide open receivers. He was making GREAT reads and was gunning the ball in tight spaces all day. I think I counted 8-9 "NFL type throws"....you rarely see that. Charlie Weis has done a remarkable job with this kid. He has the complete package.

I think we're all assuming (including myself) that's he's going to stay for one more year. But I'll tell you what, if he keeps playing like this, don't be surprised if he leaves. And you can't blame him....he'll be a top 10, maybe top-5 pick. If we can't get Leinart, I really hope we get Quinn.

PS: I'm not off the Hackney bandwagon....he's still my mid-round sleeper pick. :)

Quinn is going to be great . His pocket presence is 2nd to none, he can make every throw, reads defenses, has great footwork, and is a real leader. nothing else I can say or need to say.

depending on who's at the top of the draft, leinart and quinn could easily go 1 and 2

BTW I've watched and rewatched every ND game this year and I'll say that while Leinart is a can't miss prospect I'd rather have Quinn. The kid is going to achieve nothing but greatness,

I hope he comes out, the more top juniors that declare, the better it is for us. We got screwed when Leinart and D'Brickashaw stayed in school last year.

Edit: I was still real happy with Ronnie, but it decreased the value of the pick.

LIQUID24 said:
I hope he comes out, the more top juniors that declare, the better it is for us. We got screwed when Leinart and D'Brickashaw stayed in school last year.

Edit: I was still real happy with Ronnie, but it decreased the value of the pick.

I would personally possibly trade an entire draft for Quinn, IF someone could tell me a flaw the kid has I would like to hear it.

I posted this twice..:shakeno:

ether79 said:
I would personally possibly trade an entire draft for Quinn, IF someone could tell me a flaw the kid has I would like to hear it.

I posted this twice..:shakeno:

the only possible flaw is he won't have Weiss as his head coach in the NFL and might be stuck with someone who isn't as good as Weiss which could hurt his career

MikeO said:
the only possible flaw is he won't have Weiss as his head coach in the NFL and might be stuck with someone who isn't as good as Weiss which could hurt his career

You're right but with the right coaching this kid has no limits IMO.

EDIT: and I believe Saban would be just right for the guy.

MikeO said:
yeah it's usually a bad sign when a player had a good coach in college

I like all the love Quinn is getting. Ive been rooting for this guy since his freshman year so it's nice to see others jumping on his bandwagon. I hope he stays at ND so we have a shot at the NC next year, but if we ended up w/ Quinn it'd be unbelievably cool. I could get a Quinn fin jersey to match the ND jersey I already have. If he did come out early and we didnt get him Id kick the neighbors dog and throw myself out the window though :(

kastofsna120 said:
yeah it's usually a bad sign when a player had a good coach in college

Well much like how Spurrier's QB's from Florida never did ****ttttttttttt in the pro's. They were products of the system. Could we see the same thing with Weiss? I don't know, but its possible

MikeO said:
Well much like how Spurrier's QB's from Florida never did ****ttttttttttt in the pro's. They were products of the system. Could we see the same thing with Weiss? I don't know, but its possible
yeah except weiss runs a PRO system. if most products of his system end up like tom brady, i'll take him

kastofsna120 said:
yeah except weiss runs a PRO system. if most products of his system end up like tom brady, i'll take him
Exactly Spurriers system was very flawed for the pro game so any QB running it in college was set up to fail in the NFL..Lets take this arguement the other way and say that if people would be products of Weiss' system then look at Brady without him...he's doing the same thing he did with him.

Quinns longball

is he just throwing those up for grabs or is his arm weak? I havent been able to watch too much of him. Everyone seems to want to draft this guy so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. Those longballs are downright pathetic, he is literally throwing 10yds behind the Wrs because they are a foot taller than the Cbs. This isnt going to even come close to working in the NFL. Those throws are ints in the NFL.

finfansince72 said:
is he just throwing those up for grabs or is his arm weak? I havent been able to watch too much of him. Everyone seems to want to draft this guy so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. Those longballs are downright pathetic, he is literally throwing 10yds behind the Wrs because they are a foot taller than the Cbs. This isnt going to even come close to working in the NFL. Those throws are ints in the NFL.

He doesn't do it all the time. The NFL has alot more bigger receivers.

Back
Top Bottom