Merged: Brady Quinn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brady Quinn

finfansince72 said:
is he just throwing those up for grabs or is his arm weak? I havent been able to watch too much of him. Everyone seems to want to draft this guy so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. Those longballs are downright pathetic, he is literally throwing 10yds behind the Wrs because they are a foot taller than the Cbs. This isnt going to even come close to working in the NFL. Those throws are ints in the NFL.

No he is just doing that because he knows his WRs will go and get it. Arm strength is not a problem with Quinn. Sometimes he rips, it sometimes he lofts it. He is great with ball placement.

finfansince72 said:
is he just throwing those up for grabs or is his arm weak? I havent been able to watch too much of him. Everyone seems to want to draft this guy so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. Those longballs are downright pathetic, he is literally throwing 10yds behind the Wrs because they are a foot taller than the Cbs. This isnt going to even come close to working in the NFL. Those throws are ints in the NFL.

I saw what you saw and thought the same thing. I was kinda dissapointed with him. I mean Stanford dosn't play the best defense, but they had him throwing right into their coverage on those 2 INT's and those deep balls were only completed because the CB's didn't expect the ball to be so damn underthrown. I'm beggining to think it is more Weis getting him in the best position to win ball games than Quinn doing it on his own.

I've watched almost every game he's played at ND. And I don't no what was going on last night but, he usualy doesn't have that problem. He has a great arm and hopefully he will show it off in the BCS bowl game!

Thanks,
Mikefan22! ;)

Charlie Weis on Quinn Turning Pro

Straight from the Charlie Weis Press Conference (Dec. 1):

Q. I read this morning stories about Brady Quinn may be going pro, and I know that he's repeatedly said that he's staying. What's your thought about these things come out and what's your thought about the reality of that happening?

COACH Charlie Weis: We've already talked, so I have an unfair advantage here (laughter). I talk to all these kids, and if he says he's coming back, there's a reason why he's coming back. Brady is not the type of person that's going to sit there and tell you he's coming back and then not come back. Obviously you have to understand what happens at this time. What happens at this time is you have NFL agents that try to get to these kids and their families to try to encourage them to come out early so that they can make money, and that's the bottom line. That's what this is all about.

Okay, now what kid wouldn't be impressionable when somebody says, hey, you're going to be a first round draft choice and you're going to make millions of dollars? Well, my feeling is you're going to make a lot more millions of dollars one more season, and if a guy wants to go out early, as long as he's graduated from Notre Dame I'll support it. The only time that I have a little problem with these guys going out and wanting to leave here before they're eligibility was done would be if they hadn't graduated yet. Getting a Notre Dame degree is part of the package when you come here. What they don't realize is if you leave here without one, you'll probably never go back and get one. The odds say you won't.

Brady Quinn

Do u think brady quinn is entering the draft or not? i mean i hope he does so the dolphins could get a chance to draft him

Lucci said:
Do u think brady quinn is entering the draft or not? i mean i hope he does so the dolphins could get a chance to draft him

I dont think he is

but I think Vince Young is

If Quinn Does Id take him or young, whoever falls farther

If quinn doesnt enter id trade down and make sure I got young

yea i think brady quinn is gonna stay one more year so he can try to go for the hiesmen

Lucci said:
yea i think brady quinn is gonna stay one more year so he can try to go for the hiesmen

I say Vince Young comes out but only if he wins the national championship game

Quinn Might stay to see if he can somehow win a title next year, and he will go higher in next years draft

The one guy I do really like for us is

Omar Jacobs of Bowling Green

71 TD's and 11 Interceptions, great stats on a poor team

Alex22 said:
I say Vince Young comes out but only if he wins the national championship game

Quinn Might stay to see if he can somehow win a title next year, and he will go higher in next years draft

The one guy I do really like for us is

Omar Jacobs of Bowling Green

71 TD's and 11 Interceptions, great stats on a poor team

yea those r good stats

but y would vince young stay for another year, theres no point

Lucci said:
yea those r good stats

but y would vince young stay for another year, theres no point

If he doesnt win a national Title he will probally stay because he wants one really bad, also he could be a #1 or at least top 5 pick next years draft

DonShula84 said:
Quinn will stay in school

Most Likley

but

Vince Young also said that earlier and its becoming more apparant he's coming out, so its still possible

young needs to stay in school. hes a HUGE project as a QB in the NFL right now.

For Quinn..

if he declares and if we are not in position to draft him, do you move up? If the organization is high on him and really feel he would be our best bet to grab our QB of the future I say yes.. even if that includes another 1st.

Back
Top Bottom