Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Ricky Williams Wants To Come Back!!!!!!!!!! | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Ricky Williams Wants To Come Back!!!!!!!!!!

Krie30511 said:
A different perspective...
Everyone is saying Ricky QUIT on this team.... Now Ricky as we all know has a social anxiety disorder. That would drive him to not want to face his team and say I screwed up and I won't be with you the first 4 games. By him not having the ability of facing the team, without a nervous breakdown, in his head desides to get away from it all.... typical of someone with S.A.D. (like my lil 17 yr old sister).. He in turn serves his punishment of 4 games without having to deal with the horror around himself throughout that term by " retireing". He & his agent figured the loopwhole in the system... Now, having that he never lost his love for the game, wants to get back into it like he was suppose to....after 4 games.
His comments he made and the multipule reasons for his retirement were, IMO, made in a total panic. I don't think he's lost it, I don't think he's gonna give up. He has a disease....one that leads his mind to think this is the best way to handle things.... I agree it was not but I don't think the majority of fans, media or even his friends know how difficult the disorder is.....

Are you Leigh Steingberg? :lol:

The truth is that it's like pleading insanity and now he won't be held accountable for what he's said and done under this scenario due to his disorder. It's possible but why did he get off the paxil then? Why did he make all of those comments through LeBatard? How do we know he just isn't showing up so he doesn't have to pay the money? I don't want him on this team if you can't count on him.

Like I said in another thread: I have an anxiety disorder. Nobody cuts me any slack. Why should they cut Ricky some?

Scrap said:
Like I said in another thread: I have an anxiety disorder. Nobody cuts me any slack. Why should they cut Ricky some?

Because you are not rich, famous or insanly talented. You are a regular slub.

Scrap said:
I'm cutting you some slack!;)

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Because you are not rich, famous or insanly talented. You are a regular slub.
Exactly. The guy knows the difference between right and wrong. He chose wrong. He should be treated the same way anyone else is treated.

phinfan2003 said:

The truth is that it's like pleading insanity and now he won't be held accountable for what he's said and done under this scenario due to his disorder. It's possible but why did he get off the paxil then? Why did he make all of those comments through LeBatard? How do we know he just isn't showing up so he doesn't have to pay the money? I don't want him on this team if you can't count on him.
he "said" he got off the paxil because it interfered with his training diet-also said pot had the same effect without interfering-then again maybe he was high-I still say start the bonfire-S.A.D., pot addict, or whatever else, he, more than any other single factor, brought this team to the depths we find ourselves now (even Wanny's superconservative approach would've been pretty workable with Ricky back there, and he's famous for making crappy linemen look better)

phinfan2003 said:

It's just theory so you could be right.... I think he needs to sincerly apologize to his teammates and make a conserted effort to show them he's telling the truth, that he's back in football.... I just could not imagine that someone who had so many God given talents and loved the game like he did would just up and say he was sick of it because he "lost the love".. I do think, though, that he could have lost the love for running for Wannstadt & did not want to be beat to death every game.... I could understand that.... & with the comments to LeBatard like I said I think it was a panic deal... he was at a lose for words so to him it was al BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH coming out of his mouth, not how he really felt...

Scrap said:
Exactly. The guy knows the difference between right and wrong. He chose wrong. He should be treated the same way anyone else is treated.
Unfortunately, we all know that's not how the world works.

Scrap said:
He knows but in the spur of a moment it all computes "right" in his head.... i fully believe he knows he was wrong now and will try to correct it.... My whole primise of this thread is that I don't think Ricky's a bad guy....

Ricky can say what he wants, he is coming back because he owes 8.6 mil and wont be able to get himself out his contract. His rights are ours and now he owes all his money to us. Passion? Yeah he has a passion to keep his drug money! That said, let him come back, play the rest of the year under a handshake deal that says you play you arse off this year, increase your trade value and we will trade you next offseason. Everyone is happy, we get a back that plays like 02 Ricky, helps us be comp this year, we get some picks in the offseason that maybe we couldnt if we trade him now and get a new rb. We wont be able to trade him this year anyway, we are 2 weeks from teh deadline, do you really think teams will not see thru the smoke screen he is throwing up? Pun intended.

How much losing will effect the Ricky feelings

Ok, say the league tells ricky ok you can play now, we have been losing more in the last month then i have in the last 30 years as a fan, do any of you want to just say the hell with it and take our lumps from the bills, jets and pats, trade ricky get some help in picks or a defensive or offsensive lineman and wait till next year.

Or are some of us so sick of the losing feeling and eating large crow from these lovely jets, bills and pats fans that we take him back in a hear beat just to win a couple games and save face.

This is a tough

Krie30511 said:
A different perspective...
Everyone is saying Ricky QUIT on this team.... Now Ricky as we all know has a social anxiety disorder. That would drive him to not want to face his team and say I screwed up and I won't be with you the first 4 games. By him not having the ability of facing the team, without a nervous breakdown, in his head desides to get away from it all.... typical of someone with S.A.D. (like my lil 17 yr old sister).. He in turn serves his punishment of 4 games without having to deal with the horror around himself throughout that term by " retireing". He & his agent figured the loopwhole in the system... Now, having that he never lost his love for the game, wants to get back into it like he was suppose to....after 4 games.
His comments he made and the multipule reasons for his retirement were, IMO, made in a total panic. I don't think he's lost it, I don't think he's gonna give up. He has a disease....one that leads his mind to think this is the best way to handle things.... I agree it was not but I don't think the majority of fans, media or even his friends know how difficult the disorder is.....

That my friend would not be thinking. That would be rationalizing.

Krie30511 said:
He knows but in the spur of a moment it all computes "right" in his head.... i fully believe he knows he was wrong now and will try to correct it.... My whole primise of this thread is that I don't think Ricky's a bad guy....
Hes not a bad guy. He hasnt killed anyone, he has problems and i feel sorry for the guy. He needs help but i feel he started the ball rolling with our current demise. I wont change my mind about him cos im true to my thoughts and i say trade him for what we can get and move on!!! Hes a great RB but right now im more concerned about the Miami Dolphins and not a guy who quit days before training camp and let his team-mates down and the fans who believed in the guy. Good luck Ricky with whatever road you go down but please dont come back to us and expect a red carpet cos you had ya chance mths ago and ya blew it!!

Krie30511 said:
I don't think he's a bad guy. IMO, he felt like running away was the "easiest" option for him.He knew that what he was doing was wrong though, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom