Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Ricky Williams Wants To Come Back!!!!!!!!!! | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: BREAKING NEWS: Ricky Williams Wants To Come Back!!!!!!!!!!

Krie30511 said:
A different perspective...

Everyone is saying Ricky QUIT on this team.... Now Ricky as we all know has a social anxiety disorder. That would drive him to not want to face his team and say I screwed up and I won't be with you the first 4 games. By him not having the ability of facing the team, without a nervous breakdown, in his head desides to get away from it all.... typical of someone with S.A.D. (like my lil 17 yr old sister).. He in turn serves his punishment of 4 games without having to deal with the horror around himself throughout that term by " retireing". He & his agent figured the loopwhole in the system... Now, having that he never lost his love for the game, wants to get back into it like he was suppose to....after 4 games.

His comments he made and the multipule reasons for his retirement were, IMO, made in a total panic. I don't think he's lost it, I don't think he's gonna give up. He has a disease....one that leads his mind to think this is the best way to handle things.... I agree it was not but I don't think the majority of fans, media or even his friends know how difficult the disorder is.....

Sounds like you are taking lessons from our front office with the excuse factors....PPL with Social disorders have problems facing problems they create in thier own minds....Mix those disorders with illegal drugs one becomes coocoo..in this case Ricky can't use this disorder or he would'nt have spoke his mind to the press and still has'nt givin the real reason behind his retiring...
ON the other note ...As far as your sister goes God speed with that disorder she has cause it can ruin someones life....Her case is probably different of that then Ricky's...This disorder effects everyone in it's unique way ...

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Interesting thing John Kay (The yankee suck-up) said on 1050 ESPN.
All Ricky has to do is say I'm back, he won't have to pay the 8.6 Million, he will be out for a year and can still keep smoking his pot! Then when it comes time to play, he fails another drug test, oops I can't play, but he still keeps the 8.6 Million! Kay says he is making the NFL look like fools!
Something to think about!

Anything is possible right now..

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Interesting thing John Kay (The yankee suck-up) said on 1050 ESPN.

All Ricky has to do is say I'm back, he won't have to pay the 8.6 Million, he will be out for a year and can still keep smoking his pot! Then when it comes time to play, he fails another drug test, oops I can't play, but he still keeps the 8.6 Million! Kay says he is making the NFL look like fools!

Something to think about!
But isn't he signed through 2007? If so, he still wouldn't have fulfilled his contract.

gofins said:
But isn't he signed through 2007? If so, he still wouldn't have fulfilled his contract.
But he would still be under contract and not playing and would still keep his 8.6 million he already has! I don't think he would get paid more, but would not have to give back the 8.6

LIQUID24 said:
Doesn't him coming back count as a failed test?

According to NFL rules, Yes. Which would also stick him with a 1 year suspension. But who knows what will happen, only time will tell.

Someone needs to write a book of Ricky's adventures. Maybe that's why he only posted one entry in his journal in over a year. He's planning a tell-all autobiography...

Maybe this has been covered already, but I am curious to what the Dolphins contractual obligation would be. When would the Dolphins begin to have to pay him? I do not believe you can both hold the rights and withhold the pay......... I really think the pressure will be on the Dolphins; either reinstate him or release him. I do not think the Dolphins can trade him and still attempt to recoup the signing bonus. I could conceivably see some team giving the Dolphins a low 1st rounder,if they are only responsible for Williams base contract. I see very little prospect of a team willing to reimburse the Dolphins for a significant part of the 8.6 million, given Williams history. I also do not know how much real leverage the Dolphins can apply, if Williams is cleared by the NFL.

I hope someone can provide some insight.............

Ricky.....

I can't believe that some people would actually want this idiot back on the team. Ricky quit on this team, plain and simple. Some people say he had the right to leave, and do what he wants with his life -- and I agree. Had Ricky retired at the end of last season, in a normal fashion, I would have been shocked but I would have supported and respected him. The fact that Ricky retired days before training camp was bad enough. Then add the fact that he didn't even do it in person (called via phone from Hawaii on his way to Asia) -- what a complete pu$$y! At the time, he goes on to say that he would never play football again, and that he didn't mind being poor since he had been so before. Then he blasts his former teammates about the drug issues, and how "everyone in the league does it." Then he contacts the Dolphins to come back, basically asking for a raise. Then he admits he would consider a comeback. And now he has contacted the NFL about coming out of retirement, because he has a "passion for football again." This guy is a complete joke!

I used to be a huge fan of his. Used to be. I will never ever respect this guy as a man, a father, or as a football player for what he did to his teammates. I would rather lose games, than stoop to the level of picking this guy up again. How can you let somebody do something so selfish, especially in a team game, and then take them back? And how do you know that he wouldn't do it to us again? He is obviously NOT a man of his word. He is obviously NOT passionate about football. And he is obviously NOT a team player. What he did, the way he did it, and the reasons he did it for are absolutely unacceptable. Almost everyone of you were pissed off to no end when Ricky screwed us back in July, and now that we are struggling on offense you want to take him back. Have some damn pride! :fire:

ya the first win we get because of him or his first 200 yard performance and we will all love him again. his contract was crappy we should have reworked it to give the only star on offense more money and make sure he was happy.....hey maybe we can thank him for getting wanny fired...lets hope

Phin-o-rama said:
ya the first win we get because of him or his first 200 yard performance and we will all love him again. his contract was crappy we should have reworked it to give the only star on offense more money and make sure he was happy.....hey maybe we can thank him for getting wanny fired...lets hope

Nah.

He wouldn't get nything near that with this Oline.The guy needs to go period.

Ricky 2005?

With the way thigns are looking right now, we could/should get a new head coach after this season. Since Ricky will likely be required to sit the rest of this year due to NFL retirement rules (I believe, unless they rule otherwise), he won't be eligible until we get a new coach. Do you think it is possible that he could be with the team next year, when a new coach that would be more creative with his offense, thus more agreeable for Ricky, that he could bw with us? A new coach might not have any ill feelings towards him, and I guarantee somebody in this league wants Ricky even after what he did.

Sirspud said:
With the way thigns are looking right now, we could/should get a new head coach after this season. Since Ricky will likely be required to sit the rest of this year due to NFL retirement rules (I believe, unless they rule otherwise), he won't be eligible until we get a new coach. Do you think it is possible that he could be with the team next year, when a new coach that would be more creative with his offense, thus more agreeable for Ricky, that he could bw with us? A new coach might not have any ill feelings towards him, and I guarantee somebody in this league wants Ricky even after what he did.
<yawn> :sleep: merge........please?

minus said:
Nah.
He wouldn't get nything near that with this Oline.The guy needs to go period.

I disagree. He'd be doing more to the sides. and he'd still be whippin ***.

How about this.....
Trade his a$$ and get a QB and a high first round pick or get a RB and a high first round pick....we had him for 2 yrs and still no playoffs. We desparately need a QB and a RB. We can make it happen with whats out there and in the upcoming draft. This season is over, and please do something with the OLINE...they suck!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom