Merged: Brian Levy on the Radio/Agent Brian Levy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brian Levy on the Radio/Agent Brian Levy

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
Brian Levy on the Radio

On WQAM this morning in Miami Levy confirmed that the following teams have contacted him about Jay competing for a starting spot:

Tampa Bay
Dallas
Oakland

Also, a number of teams have contacted him about Jay being the backup. He would not name them all, but among them was the Patriots.

Just thought I would pass it along.

I'm thinking Dallas...after he looked so damn good that day (much props to CC #84 of course)....Bill Parcells must be thinking...wow if he did this to our defense...he could come out and be our starter...ciao Jay its been nice...NOT!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
I'm thinking Dallas...after he looked so damn good that day (much props to CC #84 of course)....Bill Parcells must be thinking...wow if he did this to our defense...he could come out and be our starter...ciao Jay its been nice...NOT!!!

I'm thinking Brian Levy is a lying piece of crap and will say anything like most agents will.

I get the Dallas interest...

...but Oakland? I thought Norv thought Jay was the limitation on the Fins offense last season (notwithstanding the lack of an o-line). And now he wants him as his starter over there?

My view is that he's intercepted too often because he gambles and he's not as good as he thinks he is to take those gambles. I'd rather have someone who throws it away when they don't see anything open than a gunslinger who gives up 7 on a bad read.

I also have a hard time believing that Oakland has interest but Gannon might be all done...my thought is that Oakland is being mentioned because Norv is now there...but Tampa Bay is the hardest one to believe in my mind...why would they want Jay when they one a SB 2 years ago with Brad Johnson??? I'd rather have Johnson over Feebler any day!!!

why would they want Jay when they one a SB 2 years ago with Brad Johnson??? I'd rather have Johnson over Feebler any day!!!
I was thinking the same thing Sal...

I really do not see Fiedler starting anywhere. He will be a backup somewhere. Let's face it, he is just NOT a starting QB. He is a great Backup, but that is all.

Oboy,

I agree but sometimes...coaches and the front office does funny things!!! After the Ravens won the SB...they did not resign Dilfer...that was odd to me!!! I agree, Jay is a back-up and that's all...but he actually (believe it or not) might have a chance to beat out Q. Carter in Dallas...he probably knows this and just might decide to go to Big D...who knows!!! I would love to get a 4th round pick for Feebler...we could use all the picks we could get...right?

Although Jay Fiedler is not a QB that will get you to the SB.He is a Excellent backup for say BIG BEN because he knows the offense Norv runs.It makes alot of sense.

Originally posted by musphinzfan
Although Jay Fiedler is not a QB that will get you to the SB.He is a Excellent backup for say BIG BEN because he knows the offense Norv runs.It makes alot of sense.

and this is the dark horse in all of this. teams want him to be a great backup. which just may wake jay up and accept reality. problem is, we have to get under the cap real soon.

The only name/team I believe is Bill Parcels and the Cowboys.

I will miss Fiedler imensely. No, I don't think all is lost without him. I will miss his spirit and heart. With a better O-line this past year, I believe we could easily have been 12-4 and in the playoffs. That is with Jay or Brian either one. For that matter, probably Sage.

Agent Brian Levy

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8033512.htm

How many times must we endure his words? Who cares about what he thinks about his client? None of his words have any credence because it is his client. His job is to represent his client in "the best light". Is he doing that? Nope!

Jay Fiedler has more class than his agent ever thought of having.

Here Levy is again going on about the fan base, the front office, the coach, and potential suitors. My question is "why all the hostility?"

It was Dave Wannestadt that gave your client his shot for four uneventful years. It was that fan base that made your client a millionaire through their loyalty to the team. It was that field in Miami where all your "potential suitors" got the idea that your client was worth a sh*t. So why so hostile?

Could it be that there is no interest for a starting position for your client? Could it be that you feel if you shout from the loudest hilltop that some interest may develope in your client?

Let's make one thing clear to this agent. Nobody ever expected Jay Fiedler to be Dan Marino. These fans are the same fans that watched Dan take over from a man that took the team to a Super Bowl (David Woodley) not knowing the future. Most all of us gave him a chance. After four years of chance it's a little late to be blaming Dave, Rick,the fans, or anybody but Jay Fiedler for the change. A chance is all a QB can ask for. Did your client get his chance? If you say the fans never gave your client a chance then I would like to know who that was on the field in Miami playing in front of 75,000 rabid fans for the past four years.

Show some class and move on.

The St. Petersburg Times is reporting that the Bucs are indeed interested in Fiedler:

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/23/Bucs/Bucs_trying_to_squeez.shtml

"Tampa Bay is exploring the possibility of acquiring either the rights to Drew Henson from the Texans or soon-to-be discarded Dolphins quarterback Jay Fiedler."

"The Dolphins quarterback played at Philadelphia when Gruden was Eagles offensive coordinator."

So, maybe Levy wasn't lying.

Also, what does this do to everyone's opinion of Gruden?

Back
Top Bottom