Merged: Brian Levy on the Radio/Agent Brian Levy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brian Levy on the Radio/Agent Brian Levy

Re: Agent Brian Levy

Originally posted by ZOD
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8033512.htm

How many times must we endure his words? Who cares about what he thinks about his client? None of his words have any credence because it is his client. His job is to represent his client in "the best light". Is he doing that? Nope!

Jay Fiedler has more class than his agent ever thought of having.

Here Levy is again going on about the fan base, the front office, the coach, and potential suitors. My question is "why all the hostility?"

It was Dave Wannestadt that gave your client his shot for four uneventful years. It was that fan base that made your client a millionaire through their loyalty to the team. It was that field in Miami where all your "potential suitors" got the idea that your client was worth a sh*t. So why so hostile?

Could it be that there is no interest for a starting position for your client? Could it be that you feel if you shout from the loudest hilltop that some interest may develope in your client?

Let's make one thing clear to this agent. Nobody ever expected Jay Fiedler to be Dan Marino. These fans are the same fans that watched Dan take over from a man that took the team to a Super Bowl (David Woodley) not knowing the future. Most all of us gave him a chance. After four years of chance it's a little late to be blaming Dave, Rick,the fans, or anybody but Jay Fiedler for the change. A chance is all a QB can ask for. Did your client get his chance? If you say the fans never gave your client a chance then I would like to know who that was on the field in Miami playing in front of 75,000 rabid fans for the past four years.

Show some class and move on.
Wow...great post...my exact thoughts...you read some of the quotes by Levy????...they wanted to know if Jay was hurt at all....because Miami must be crazy to let him go..lolI almost fell out of my chair!

Just because there is interest doen't mean anyone is willing to give up anything. They might just be willing to give him a look after he is cut.

I don't remember where I read it, but I read one thing that really made a good point... Yes Fiedler was good, and yes he did win a lot of games (in my opinion it wasn't him who 'won' the games, but whatever) but his problem was that he didn't win many (1) PLAYOFF games. Lets face it, it doesn't matter how many games you win if you don't win in the playoffs!

Jay had his chance... c ya later.

I agree Dallas is probably the ONLY place he has a chance to be a starter.

Originally posted by Oboy
I don't remember where I read it, but I read one thing that really made a good point... Yes Fiedler was good, and yes he did win a lot of games (in my opinion it wasn't him who 'won' the games, but whatever) but his problem was that he didn't win many (1) PLAYOFF games. Lets face it, it doesn't matter how many games you win if you don't win in the playoffs!

Jay had his chance... c ya later.

I agree Dallas is probably the ONLY place he has a chance to be a starter.

yeah but we werent in the playoffs for two of his four years and it was not really all his fault that we werent. i point to 2 things:
coaching
DEfense overrated with guys like Madison Marion Knight. those guys got burned by rookie WR at Houston. New england in miami and Indy and Tennessee. coach also doesnt swith up very much and runs a bland defense mostly.

Why do reporters even talk with agents and put what they say in the paper????...what an objective view Mr Levy has...people banging down his door to get to Jay...asking him what is wrong with Miami that they are willing to let him go...this guy must be a fairy tale writer...but it bothers me more that it is reported as news...He is due from Miami about 3 million in salary and 2 million in bonus...you going to spend 5 million on jay Fielder?????...see if and when Jay signs with someone if that is the kind of money he will get...I doubt it...someone point out these stats to Levy
In 4 years...in 53 games...59 tds...55 ints...mind boggling
In 4 years...One playoff win...one
In 4 years...how many seasons did he stay healthy?...answer 1

This may come off as total Jay bashing...but it is not...I just get so peeved at these agents...who are they really kidding?..he should take a pay cut and come back as maybe the backup...that is what his stats say he is...let me see who is going to pay him 5 million next year?...any takers?

What's so special about Jay? Why should he be allowed to stay? When he got here in 2000 the offense resembled:

Receivers-
Leslie Shepherd
Oronde Gadsden
Tony Martin
OJ McDuffie

Tight End-
Jed Weaver

Center
Tim Ruddy

Guards
Kevin Donnalley
Mark Dixon

Tackles
Richmond Webb
Brent Smith

Fullback
Rob Konrad

RB
Lamar Smith

Most fans would only like to have one of those players back for 2004. The majority of them are gone. What has Jay done that make Brian Levy think Jay is special?

until their is an official release from a Team, Im not buying it. he is just doing his job & stirring up the pot. News media would report anything.

Back
Top Bottom