MERGED: Brown a Buc / 1050 ESPN Radio Just Reported | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Brown a Buc / 1050 ESPN Radio Just Reported

Dredd1050

A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS
Reaction score
1050 ESPN Radio Just Reported(no joke)

That Tim Brown will be signed by the Bucs by as early as this afternoon. It was during the Sportscenter update, so it's no joke.

This bodes well for McCardell in aqua and orange people!! Bodes VERY well.

DO IT FRONT OFFICE!! Pull the freakin trigger!!!

pull the trigger on what? Trade away a high pick, or a young pro bowler for a one year fix? no thanks. IF their going to out o-gun for a WR it had BETTER be for a WR that will be around awhile.

Given the Brown signing (which was expected), it means that they're more likely to cut McCardell, or trade him for cheap. I seriously doubt we'd give up anything more than, say, a 5th round pick.

Dredd1050 said:
That Tim Brown will be signed by the Bucs by as early as this afternoon. It was during the Sportscenter update, so it's no joke.

This bodes well for McCardell in aqua and orange people!! Bodes VERY well.

DO IT FRONT OFFICE!! Pull the freakin trigger!!!

Why does everyone seem to think that just because the Bucs sign Brown, McCardell is going to a Phin.

1. There is still no guarantee the Bucs will release McCardell.
2. He still want ALOT of money........which I am not convinced our FO wants to give to him.
3. IF he is cut by TB, there will be other teams that will be interested in him. Another team could swing in grab him up. (Ala, Brunell and Kendall and Tait and.........)

BTW, Dredd1050, in the annals of unintentional comedy history, there are few moments that can top Sly Stallone shouting "I AM THE LAW!" It's right up there with Keanu Reeves going "I know kung fu!" Just had to share. In fact, I'm laughing right now thinking about it. :lol:

Very good sign. But, Tampa might hold onto Keenean until early September just to screw him over. Which is not good for Miami.

This is the time for Spielman to get off his butt and force Tampa to act now! Don't let Tampa call the shots, come on Rick. MAKE THE MOVE! Get it done!

Phinzone said:
pull the trigger on what? Trade away a high pick, or a young pro bowler for a one year fix? no thanks. IF their going to out o-gun for a WR it had BETTER be for a WR that will be around awhile.

Exactly.

pigskinguy said:
Why does everyone seem to think that just because the Bucs sign Brown, McCardell is going to a Phin.

2. He still want ALOT of money........which I am not convinced our FO wants to give to him.
3. IF he is cut by TB, there will be other teams that will be interested in him. Another team could swing in grab him up. (Ala, Brunell and Kendall and Tait and.........)
1) we have the money spend it
2) Tampa doesn't want Keenan now that they have Brown
3) Keenan is a "florida" guys. Played in Tampa and Jax already, only one place left to go! Plus, he knows Miami NEEDS a WR and going to Miami he can START and get the best MONEY deal.

pigskinguy said:

I don't think anyone believes that McCardell is a lock to become a Phin. However, IF the Bucs cut him loose or decide to trade him for cheap, the Dolphins are the most likely suitor by far. History has shown that the vast majority of vets who get cut in camp don't end up with the contract they want. So McCardell probably would not get the $2.5M he's asking for (or whatever it was).

Phinzone said:
Tampa doesn't want O-Gun! Keenan isn't a 1 year fix also! The guy can still play in this league and produce. And it would only take a 5th round conditional pick to get him. And Miami could maybe even move a 2006 pick, not even a 2005.

Couple things:

phinzone: give up on this idea that O-Gun is the second coming of Reggie White. Miami has a HUGE need that needs to be addressed and this guy will NOT be starting this season for the Dolphins

phun: I couldn't agree more. Sly bastardized my beloved Dredd and Reeves did his very best to ruin the Matrix trilogy!

The Bucs WILL cut him, because, unlike Wanny and Rick, Gruden doesn't take crap from players(a la O-Gun). IE Keyshawn.

For everyone else worried about the $. They will find a way to get it done and McCardell wants to stay in Florida. With a MULTI-year contract!!

RICK, DO IT!!!!!

He will cost too much money. Forget it. Its not going to happen especially if Ogun is signed in the next week or so. Mccardell is not what we are looking for. We should not give up anything anymore after the ricky mess and Boston injured. Go with what you have this year and wait for the cuts if neccessary. this team will be better than alot of people think. I remember when the whole media thought we would go 4-12 with marino gone and fielder in and we went 11-5. Just sign Ogunleye and develope an offense that scores 21 points/game on average and we will be fine. this year we are not going to the super bowl folks, quit mortgaging the future for guys who want a boatload of money.

MikeO said:
1) we have the money spend it
2) Tampa doesn't want Keenan now that they have Brown
3) Keenan is a "florida" guys. Played in Tampa and Jax already, only one place left to go! Plus, he knows Miami NEEDS a WR and going to Miami he can START and get the best MONEY deal.

1. Not neccesarily........if we sign Ogun.
2. No but they know we are desperate, they will try and screw us.
3. It's already happens a few times this offseason.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get McCardell.....he would give me renewed optimism for the season. I just think we are jumping the gun on the assumption KM is headed here.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Brown is past his prime. If Tampa is signing him and cutting Keenan, what does that say about Keenan? Why would we want him?

finfan54 said:
He will cost too much money. Forget it. Its not going to happen especially if Ogun is signed in the next week or so. Mccardell is not what we are looking for. We should not give up anything anymore after the ricky mess and Boston injured. Go with what you have this year and wait for the cuts if neccessary. this team will be better than alot of people think. I remember when the whole media thought we would go 4-12 with marino gone and fielder in and we went 11-5. Just sign Ogunleye and develope an offense that scores 21 points/game on average and we will be fine. this year we are not going to the super bowl folks, quit mortgaging the future for guys who want a boatload of money.

With all due respect. The "wait and see what we've got" attitude will put this team in the top ten draft picks next year. If they want to contend this year, they need to make this move, or ANY move that will upgrade WR. Freeman is a no brainer if he's healthy. Face the facts that O-Gun will not be starting this season and give that up. I haven't heard anything about him being close to signing, let alone doing it this week. Miami's FO needs to make this move. Not only for this year, but the next few.

Back
Top Bottom