MERGED: Brown a Buc / 1050 ESPN Radio Just Reported | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Brown a Buc / 1050 ESPN Radio Just Reported

Even if we really do want Keenan, if we sign Freeman (who must make the team), we are then percieved as not being desparate which is a bad thing as we know from RB hunting....the trade price would drop a lot IMO. If he is a FA then we'd have to compete with others...maybe he was offended at them taking Clayton and signing Galloway. He might play for the same for us or someone else just to stick it to the man.

The Bucs gain nothing right now by not signing Keenan. They hold all the cards and I doubt that our front office is aggressive enough to push for a deal.

FlyingElvis said:
I think its a bit of a stretch to think the Bucs will outright release him. Can't they simply put him on a Did Not Report list and let him sit? Even if they traded him in the offseason?

They didn't cut Keyshawn, they traded him. Why would they cut McCardell?

Keyshawn has more trade value, and longer they hold on to McCardell the less he's worth. I dont care if he gets cut or we make a trade ( a reasonable one) then do it. He addresses a need that wel desperately need to fill.

WOW... I cannot believe how many Chicken Little's are running around here.

We are finally in a GREAT situation financially and all anyone can say is SPEND SPEND SPEND! IT'S ONLY MONEY!

Well, if it's ONLY money, give it to Ogun. We are "apparently" hurting right now because we NEED a WR....... OH REALLY!

QUICK QUIZ FOR ALL OUR ARM CHAIR GMs:

1) tell me how many DE's had 15 sacks or more last year? From THAT list, how many are under 27 yo?
GIVE UP? Answers.... 2 (Strahan and Ogun).... 1 (Ogun)
2) Now tell me how many WR's had 800 yards or more last year? 1000 yards or more?
GIVE UP? 31 ..... 14

So tell me which is EASIER to find? Which do WE HAVE? :shakeno:

I'll take my chances with our CURRENT roster of WRs before I pay a 32yo $2.5M.
Our GMs are forgetting it takes a new WR AT LEAST 8 games to learn MOST of the plays even WITH a full offseason. And that doesn't even count establishing a timing and rhythm with our QB... WHICH WE WON'T KNOW FOR ANOTHER FEW WEEKS!

NO WAY does any wide receiver TRULY help us this year at this stage. CAN'T happen. We would have to simplify the play book for him. Or put him in on certain packages. Meanwhile, 4 other WRs who KNOW the playbook and KNOW the QBs are sitting on the bench.

Not too mention Ogun would be complaining even more because of the potential cap/bonus money the NEW guy took from him.

We cannot afford to place the Defense in turmoil just to salvage the offense. Our SUCCESS this year DEPENDS on the D. Give them Ogun and let's shut out the other team's O. Then let our Offense Jello with the guys who already know each other. Give them an opportunity to show what they can do.

Maybe DT CAN step up. If not... I'm sure there's 3 other guys who'd like a shot! You're forgetting that we made a committment to bring in the BEST WR coach in the game. So, don't slap him in the face by saying he can't improve our guys WITHOUT giving him a chance to show what he has taught them.

Sullivan just MIGHT make stars out of this bunch. If he can get ONE guy to catch 50 passes for 800 yards... he's MATCHED anything we could have BOUGHT in FA. AND... it wouldn't cost us ANY MORE MONEY or PRECIOUS DRAFT PICKS.

Stop rocking the boat. Get behind the team and encourage the guys on. They have internet connections too, ya know.... I'd rather them start reading all the good vibes our fans are putting forth as opposed to the outright mutiny that has occured at times during this offseason. These guys are professionals... let's allow them the chance to prove it.

I LOVE MY DOLPHINS!

:cooldude:

With Brown going to the Bucs, which is what everyone is thinking, he is their # 3 reciever, and remember, they like that kid Lee a lot. So now you have Galloway and Clayton Starting, you have Brown # 3 and Lee # 4. Where does Keenan fit in. The Bucs don't put up with BS. They let Sapp walk because he wanted too much, they say Key when they were making their playoff run, and they are not giving into Keenan. If we get Keenan, we will not be paying what he wants, expects, or is due to earn. He played with Jay Fiedler in Jax, and is a veteran, who is guarenteed a Starting job, on a great team. For anyone to say we are going to score 21 points with the offense we have now, per game. I want to see that more then anyone, but we can't kid ourselves. We need players. I am starting the Sam Madison for Plexico Burress band wagon. And for all of you that want Ogun, you might get to keep him, get a star reciever, and we just might get where we can, after all this mess.

McCardell is no way the answet to our prayers ,at age 33 if he signs what we get maybe 2 years of production then we say by we need a young wr with a burning desire to play for the miami dolphins not just any team but the miami dolphins

Back
Top Bottom