Merged: Brunell Agrees to 7-yr, $43 Million Deal w/ Skins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brunell Agrees to 7-yr, $43 Million Deal w/ Skins

my question is why would he want to go to the redskins ANYWAY??? they had a terrible season...all kinds of new coaching etc...terrible line...losing players..hes old too, why would he join a team like that/

Originally posted by Phinfan31
my question is why would he want to go to the redskins ANYWAY??? they had a terrible season...all kinds of new coaching etc...terrible line...losing players..hes old too, why would he join a team like that/

Gibbs: Hello Mark, I'm happy you decided on this second meeting. We are really interested in making you a Redskin.

Brunell: Yeah, I don't know. This Orginazation somehow manages to consistantley suck *** every season.

Snyder: We are prepared to offer you an 8 Million dollar signing bonus.

Brunell: Well, the weather is pretty nice up here....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Phinfan31

very simple. he knows Synder will overpay him & the possiblity of not having to compete w/ another QB for the starting job. plus, if he gets injured he gets to sit on the bench earning a paycheck. MB knows that if he comes here he will not get paid as much & risk competing with a younger QB that we are going to draft sooner or later.

can't really blame him you know & thank you for choosing the Skins over us. :woot:

I wonder if that's why we never really got into the talks. Brunell isn't worth that much by itself and then Jax wanted a 3rd just to talk? Naw.

I think D. Snyder has finally lost his mind.....

How on earth could they possibly think a dinosaur lik Brunell is worth so much???....

This is great for us. Now we can go out and steal Ramsey from them. There is NO WAY he's going to stay in Washington after this....

Brunell is almost certainly being given the starting position after signing a contract of this size, and that's basically throwing mud in the face of Ramsey who was promised a chance to win the starting position....

Ramsey would be a fool to stay in Washington. He's being demoted, and on top of that he's being paid peanuts compared to Brunell....

I'm still in shock over the size of this contract. It must be all back-loaded. But regardless, an 8.6 million signing bonus + a third round pick is way too much for a guy with approx two years left in the tank....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Paying what they paid also drives UP the price on Ramsey, Henson and the like......

This is bad for us in many ways.

Originally posted by Section126
Paying what they paid also drives UP the price on Ramsey, Henson and the like......

This is bad for us in many ways.

Brunells price tag doesn't have anything to do with those QB's.....

If it were in terms of FA it would, but Ramsey and Henson are not FA's....

This is good for us in these terms.

1.) Brunell is gone. Don't need to worry about him anymore.

2.) It leaves Ramsey out in the cold after being promised a chance to battle for the starting position. Gibbs basically lied to him....

3.) With the little money Ramsey is making, and with the big contract Brunell just got, Ramsey will be easily convinced to leave. Any team offering a fraction of what Brunell has been offered could steal him away IMO.

4.) Ramsey wants to start. In Miami, he'd be all but given that opportunity....

There are really no negatives to find IMO. I think you're just upset that your boy chose the perfect money instead of the perfect team....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:pirate:

Of course it drives UP the price.......Henson has to agree to contract terms and Ramsey has to be traded for......

Originally posted by Section126
Of course it drives UP the price.......Henson has to agree to contract terms and Ramsey has to be traded for......

Please explain how Brunells contract effects us in dealing for Henson. Thanks....

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Please explain how Brunells contract effects us in dealing for Henson. Thanks....

Henson's agent used the Brunell deal to now demand that his client recieve part of his salary as a guarantee and low and behold......he is asking for around 12 million total in guarantees..............

Originally posted by Muck
Then why didn't you post it, smartass?? :lol:
By the way, did you guys here that Brunell just signed a long-term contract? :tongue: :jk:

Seriously though, Dan Snyder is such an idiot. It's ashame how he;s consistently making my 2nd favorite team worse. They get rid of Stephen Davis, might lose Champ Bailey, and now....they have no doubt royally pissed off their young QB (only 25!), who will of course demand a one way ticket out of DC. What a slap in the face to bring in an injury-riddled graybeard to replace him!
Well, at least this deal finally got done and we can make a push for Ramsey. Hopefully it's possible.

How is it contractually possible for Ramsey to leave if the Redskins won't grant a trade though? Isn't he still under contract? I'm guessing he'll hold out, but don't the Skins basically have him by his balls anyway?

Back
Top Bottom