MERGED: Bruschi: Mild Stroke the Cause | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Bruschi: Mild Stroke the Cause

HysterikiLL said:
Yeah, I heard about this. Tedy is one of my favorite players just for his attitude and his willfulness. He seems like a great guy and although he's an enemy, I hope he gets well.....and then gets beat up by out new RB next season :D
Great guy? I think not. But I wish him well.

I hate the pats, but obviously this is bigger than football or any rivalry. Best of luck to him for a complete recovery and his family. He's got kids and a wife who don't deserve to lose their father or husband.

Realize that there is a difference between a full blown stroke and a transient ischemic attack. If this were a full blown stroke, he would likely have lost motor and sensory function in the side contralateral to the cerebrovascular accident.

A TIA is a microstroke. It has similar but less severe symptoms and can be treated with anticoagulation therapy.

I hate the guy, but that's just because he's good and he is on the Patriots. I hope he gets better and is ready for next season.

ChambersWI said:
classy? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Underrated? Yes, Most Underrated? NO, that title belongs to Donnie Edwards.
Thank You. Add Jamaal Williams on that list.

If no one believes Chambers or I, check stats.

KB21 said:
Realize that there is a difference between a full blown stroke and a transient ischemic attack. If this were a full blown stroke, he would likely have lost motor and sensory function in the side contralateral to the cerebrovascular accident.

A TIA is a microstroke. It has similar but less severe symptoms and can be treated with anticoagulation therapy.

Good god KB...can ya talk English? Sounds like me when I talk Engineering to a bunch of Finance majors and they respond back to me in eyeshadow lingo...you are WAY over my head.. but thats not hard to do.... :)

I hope also, that he returns to the field in tip top shape. Don't want them Pats fans saying that we beat them next year because one of their top LBs is not in the line-up. :wink:

KB21 said:

Does that mean comadin??? :wink:

Disnardo said:
Does that mean comadin??? :wink:

The active ingredient in many rat poisons, coumadin, is used in small doses to decrease the clotting ability of the blood and prevent small clots which can cause blockage in the capillaries (small blood vessels) causing mini-strokes. It's sometimes refered to as a blood-thinner though the blood doesn't get "thinner". A strong caution against sports activity is issued with the drug since internal injury from impacts can lead to serious internal bleeding without the patient knowing it.

FiN.in.RI said:
coumadin, iv heparinand TPA probably, eh KB?

Probably IV Heparin. Heparin is typically used in acute situations. Coumadin is used to treat chronic blood coagluation problems. It is very unlikely that TPA was used. They use TPA for full blown strokes, and it's pretty damn dangerous to use.

KB21 said:
Probably IV Heparin. Heparin is typically used in acute situations. Coumadin is used to treat chronic blood coagluation problems. It is very unlikely that TPA was used. They use TPA for full blown strokes, and it's pretty damn dangerous to use.

i know.. why is it so dangerous? will it make you bleed out?

Back
Top Bottom