Merged:Buffalo Makes ESPN25 "Biggest Flop" List /rips the bills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Buffalo Makes ESPN25 "Biggest Flop" List /rips the bills

templarwd said:
And as we all know, there were no sports until ESPN was broadcast. :lol: C'mon, they're as credible as MTV. It's cool 'cause we say it is, it's a sport 'cause we say it is. There's a move now to have Texas' hold'em poker declared an Olympic sport. What's next X-Box?

Let's get PS2 in there first. I want a shot at the gold. :D

Losing ANY championship is painful. More painful than loising a playoff game or not making it to the playoffs for that matter. I actually started feeling a lil sorry for those guys after awhile. That had to be a hard pill ta swallow. Just losing to the 49ers about killed me, I can't imagine going though that for 4 straight years. They would have to put me in a straight jacket.
As for it being a flop, that is pretty hard to say. I would have to say that was one of the most talented teams to never win one....right up there with the Vikings back in 98 I think it was when they were so good and lost to the Falcons.

It was heartbreaking to lose those Super Bowls. On that note I would not exchange those years for anything. They were great. Every year we had a great football team that you thought could win the championship. The amount of great memories I have of those years far outweighs the pain of the losses.

making 4 straight sb is an achievement in itsellf. Not winning 1 of them is a flop.

Justasportsfan said:
making 4 straight sb is an achievement in itsellf. Not winning 1 of them is a flop.

U could've said, not winning a sb is a flop, making 4 straight: Priceless :D

It would have sounded better.. :roflmao:

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
You cant "tank" the game when your not the favorite, which the Bills were the underdog in 3 out of 4 of them.

How many of the times was the other team favored by 2 - 3 TDs? Sorry they tanked big time. Other than Thurman in the first one and Reed in the 3rd, their stars blew it. Kelly, Reed, Smith, Bennett, Talley, and Thurman all choked in the big game.

Against Wash,
Thomas had 13 yds rushing
Kelly had 4 Ints.
Reed had 34 yds receiving
The defense (including Smith) had 0 sacks

Against Dal #1
Thomas had 19 yds rushing
Kelly had 2 Ints in 7 attempts
Reed had 152 yds receiving
The defense had 1 sack for a 2 yd loss

Against Dal #2
Thomas had 39 yds rushing
Kelly had 1 Int and 0 Tds
Reed had 75 yds receiving
The defense had 1 sack for a 3 yds loss

The "stars" choked.....cough, cough, cough

How is that ripping the bills...? He is saying that 4 superbowl appearances is no flop?

The game, of course, turned into a nine-turnover fiasco for the Bills. They had become a national joke.
In other words, this really wasn't a Super Bowl-caliber team.
Dallas would outscore Buffalo 24-0 in the second half, cementing the legacy: The Buffalo Bills were flops.
And, simply, Buffalo's defense was never good enough to win a Super Bowl.
Before the game, Bills linebacker Darryl Talley called his team America's worst nightmare. "We're like Jason, we always come back. Get used to it, America." The result, like Jason's inevitable demise at the end of each "Friday the 13th" movie, was all too predictable.
Little shots that stuck out to me.

I had this link in the Beasts of the AFC section, but here is a link for the jovial ESPN PAGE2 that discusses the Bills thing.
BILLS/sUPER BOWLS
**strictly for entertainment purposes only

Back
Top Bottom