MERGED: Canes-Noles Post Game Threads | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Canes-Noles Post Game Threads

WTF happened with that call that was waived at the end of our last drive when that idiot took off his helmet on the field. They threw the flag and then they waived it because supposedly a Cane knocked it off which was bull because on the replay the player took the helmet off himself what a bunch of bull. I dont know if that would have given us another chance at scoring but it was a bad call.

Brown or Ricky said:
WTF happened with that call that was waived at the end of our last drive when that idiot took off his helmet on the field. They threw the flag and then they waived it because supposedly a Cane knocked it off which was bull because on the replay the player took the helmet off himself what a bunch of bull. I dont know if that would have given us another chance at scoring but it was a bad call.

Dude, he took his helmet off because his chinstrap was going over his face.

Brown or Ricky said:

WTF happened with that fumble we recovered they called out of bounds. WTF about all those BS pass interferences. There is a whole bunch of what if's.

NorthFloridaFin said:
WTF happened with that fumble we recovered they called out of bounds. WTF about all those BS pass interferences. There is a whole bunch of what if's.

Congratulations to FSU. They deserved to win that game. Stupid mental mistakes killed UM.

To the NFF, if you go and rewatch the tape, all of those calls were correct calls. Even they reviewed it, the ball was out of bounds but the FSU player was in bounds. Right call. The two pass interferences on Ross were right too, he didn't look back for the ball and ran into the WR's. I really don't see how you can call any of those penalties bogus. Now the halo violation by Hester that was bogus. He was clearly pushed in the back by an FSU player into the kick returner. How about the interception by Ernie Sims? Where the ball touched the ground on the replay, but they didn't review it? Seriously rewatch the game and tell me with an honest heart that you think those calls were bogus.

'Canes O-line played 5 times worse than the Dolphins O-line. Tyrone Moss AND Lorenzo Booker were both tearing up the field.

In all honesty, it was a great game. These were probably 2 of the best defenses in the nation going against 2 "rookie" QB's. Both teams played their hearts out, on offense and defense. My nerves were wrecked the whole game. Every time FSU and Miami play each other it comes down to the end. I'm just glad we weren't the ones having to worry about kicking a field goal at the end of the game for once.

caneproud117 said:
Congratulations to FSU. They deserved to win that game. Stupid mental mistakes killed UM.

To the NFF, if you go and rewatch the tape, all of those calls were correct calls. Even they reviewed it, the ball was out of bounds but the FSU player was in bounds. Right call. The two pass interferences on Ross were right too, he didn't look back for the ball and ran into the WR's. I really don't see how you can call any of those penalties bogus. Now the halo violation by Hester that was bogus. He was clearly pushed in the back by an FSU player into the kick returner. How about the interception by Ernie Sims? Where the ball touched the ground on the replay, but they didn't review it? Seriously rewatch the game and tell me with an honest heart that you think those calls were bogus.

yea on the reviews they looked correct. Although i disagree with you on the fumble review. What i saw was the ball was clearly in bounds, but Rouses right arm was touching out of bounds, which makes him ineligible to recover the ball. (thats what i got from the play)

I'm really upset that we lost the game, but everyone has to admit that Miami was the better team. They lead FSU in almost everything but the scoreboard, I know that doesn't matter but it's the truth. The three big things I took away from this game:
1. Monroe pretty much single-handedly lost the game for us, with the 2 botched holds and the blocked punt, I don't think even Saban could instill any discipline in this guy.
2. Wright is a stud, and could prove to be the best QB to ever come out of UM, including Kelly.
3. Olsen is a stud, and will follow in the footsteps of Shockey and Winslow as one of the greatest UM TE's ever.

Caps said:
2. Wright is a stud, and could prove to be the best QB to ever come out of UM, including Kelly.

WAY to early to make that kinda statement. Although he does look very promising,

Caps said:
3. Olsen is a stud, and will follow in the footsteps of Shockey and Winslow as one of the greatest UM TE's ever.

He dropped how many passes last night?

he dropped 2 passes. considering he caught 4 straight 3rd down passes, i'll give him a pass on the first two drops

did i just read that monroe lost the game? please....just......don't. it's bad enough that you blame the blocked punt on him, but the entire game?

kastofsna120 said:
he dropped 2 passes. considering he caught 4 straight 3rd down passes, i'll give him a pass on the first two drops

did i just read that monroe lost the game? please....just......don't. it's bad enough that you blame the blocked punt on him, but the entire game?

OK, take the blocked punt out of the equation entirely. What are you left with? A botched hold where he held the ball with the laces facing the kicker. Thats 3 lost points on Monroe. Another botched hold where he couldn't even catch the ball. 6 points total lost cause of Monroe. 13-10 victory for Miami if Monroe simply holds the ball correctly.

Caps said:
I'm really upset that we lost the game, but everyone has to admit that Miami was the better team. They lead FSU in almost everything but the scoreboard, I know that doesn't matter but it's the truth. The three big things I took away from this game:
1. Monroe pretty much single-handedly lost the game for us, with the 2 botched holds and the blocked punt, I don't think even Saban could instill any discipline in this guy.
Come on now, the ONLY thing that matters is the scoreboard.

It was an ugly win, but a win none the same. I personally expected more from UM. With Jeff Bowden I expected that vanilla wussy offensive game plan. Both D's played well, but too many dropped balls for supposedly "TWO of the top teams in the nation".

I have to agree with DonShula84, I just want to see the team that can beat USC. I am sick of that team.

Oboy said:
Come on now, the ONLY thing that matters is the scoreboard.

In the very next sentence I admit that the scoreboard is all that matters, but it is true that UM outplayed FSU, we simply didn't get the production out of our otherwise solid game.

Back
Top Bottom