Merged: Chad Jackson in the first | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Jackson in the first

samikit68

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He's the best WR in the draft. I understand miami has other needs but it would be really nice to have chambers, booker and jackson as a 1-2-3. Im not sold on Miami drafting a cb in the first with the signings of andre goodman and renaldo hill, although hill may play fs. Jackson may be the most talented player when we pick at 16. Jimmy Williams and Huff will both be gone by the time we pick and Tye Hill would be a reach imo. Just my 2 cents

Only 2 offensive players that we could justify taking

Vernon Davis *who wont be there*

or

Chad Jackson *who might be there*

I would be apprehensive since we have so many other needs on this team... however I wouldnt complaing having him be part of our team.

How far behind is Santonio Holmes IYO? Because one will be gone and I think either WR would benefit our offense and be an eventual replacement for Marty Booker.

I think we will be able to find a CB steal in the 4th round or even 3rd and leave LB up to FA.

samikit68 said:
He's the best WR in the draft. I understand miami has other needs but it would be really nice to have chambers, booker and jackson as a 1-2-3. Im not sold on Miami drafting a cb in the first with the signings of andre goodman and renaldo hill, although hill may play fs. Jackson may be the most talented player when we pick at 16. Jimmy Williams and Huff will both be gone by the time we pick and Tye Hill would be a reach imo. Just my 2 cents

agree adn i think saban is trying to give DC some targets and a sure handed guy to compliment the 2 we have and the soon to be number 2 guy for us ala Wayne. It woudl be a great duo as he is VERY fast..4.36 i eblieve? or was it 4.32? along wiht great hands and a awesome body just like T.O. he can be our T.O. or the up and coming and i think he is going to go via offense this year to finish it off so he can go all D in the following drafts. i think he thinks our D can do enough to hold us into games while our Off will win us games.

Also for Chad Height/weight and speed (measurables) he sounds like he could be an unbelievably explosive player for us. But if he's gone and Santonio Holmes is there I see him as being a poor man's Steve Smith and an ideal #3 slot WR in his first two years and then if he's ready he can take over for Marty.

I'm left to believe we WILL take a WR early in this year's draft because we haven't had talks with any FA WRs except Kelly Campbell ofcourse who is more of a special teams/4th or 5th WR guy. Especially with his criminal record.

DolphanD said:
How far behind is Santonio Holmes IYO? Because one will be gone and I think either WR would benefit our offense and be an eventual replacement for Marty Booker.

I think we will be able to find a CB steal in the 4th round or even 3rd and leave LB up to FA.

exactly. arrington or peterson in which both are ONLY 27 hence young then get law if the price is right and pick up a CB/S in RD 3 and 4 and it seems to me we weill be keeping RW and not trade him away as he said he will not address the backup situatoin untill he finds out waht the situation with RW is.

draft chad then turn him in to a cb or ss he has not ran a lot of deep paters in his collage time make in the kick but cb or ss:boohoo:

Wow, rly glad you made this thread because I have been telling this to my friends for months now. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this guy. He is just amazing. He is like the same exact guy as chad johnson and its ironic that names are similar. At the combine, he was amazingly fast and quick. Hewon the hands contest for WRs and rly impressed the hell out of me. I would LOVE to havbe him on our team and would buy a jersey on signing day.

i think chad jackson could be there if he is nab him if not look cb and not there grab the best guy out there prolly ot winston justice

i think u guys make some really good points....
everyone gets kinda obsessed with the saying that we are weak in the secondary which leads to all these "draft a db" sayings. on top of this, everyone obsesses over our pro bowl WR Chambers this year and forgets that we have what was an average #2 in Booker and a fun to watch at best #3 WR in welker, who really is better as a return man. just like last year, when saban drafted the best available in ronnie brown, i think chad jackson is a top candidate at number 16 for us this year. especially due to the reasons already stated, the LBs available via FA and the DBs already signed....

miamidolfan1354 said:
i think u guys make some really good points....
everyone gets kinda obsessed with the saying that we are weak in the secondary which leads to all these "draft a db" sayings. on top of this, everyone obsesses over our pro bowl WR Chambers this year and forgets that we have what was an average #2 in Booker and a fun to watch at best #3 WR in welker, who really is better as a return man. just like last year, when saban drafted the best available in ronnie brown, i think chad jackson is a top candidate at number 16 for us this year. especially due to the reasons already stated, the LBs available via FA and the DBs already signed....

Booker did fine this year with a limited amount of looks. His YPC average was among the best in the league. I do agree that we need a more solid #3 reciever, and maybe Kelly Campbell can be that guy.

We need defense or OL in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom