Merged: *****CHAMBERS Signs Extension***** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: *****CHAMBERS Signs Extension*****

PhinsmissedFG said:
Chambers deal is different from Johnson and the others' deals because we are paying a two tier bonus. Meaning he gets some of it up front this year, and some it at a pre-determined time in the future.

This makes the deal slightly less attractive. The money is not quite guaranteed so if Chambers blows his knee apart and can't play again this yer. He won't get that second bonus.

It is something Miami likes to do with their FA's and I think it's smart.

It's one of the main reasons O-Gun hasn't signed yet. He doesn't want that kind of bonus, he wants it all up front at once.
gimmie a break they have insurance for that sh**

Good deal.
Good timing. Its obvious the Front Office wanted SOMETHING positive written about the phins in light of all the negative publicity.

LIQUID24 said:
Chambers got a better contract than Steve Smith. His contract is most similiar to Chad Johnson's. Again, I think we slightly overpaid (Chambers isn't as good as Chad Johnson just yet), but I'm happy we got him locked up.

Chris Chambers got 5 yrs/$30mill/$12mill bonus

Chad Johnson got 5 yrs/$25mill/$12.5mill bonus

Steve Smith got 6 yrs/$26.5mill/$9mill bonus (7mill+2mill option bonus)

Darrell Jackson got a 6 yrs/$25mill/$8mill bonus

I will take CC over Johnson, IMO. Yes Chad is good, very good, but he played in an offense with 3 good receivers a qb that can get it deep and an o-line that could block. Chad has only done it one year.

Great news....now I wanna see 70+ catches, over 1200 yards and 10 or so TD`s out of him. I know, I know....we need somebody to get him the ball.

KBISBACK said:
Definitely Ogunleye. Kearse is always hurt, and Ogunleye has had more sacks than Kearse in both of the past two years.

dont forget why ogun wasent drafted.and yes it was due to injuries.so dont say ogun has never been proned.

Finally some good news. Chambers, McMichael and hopefully Boston will be a good receiving combination for years to come.

true50 said:
dont forget why ogun wasent drafted.and yes it was due to injuries.so dont say ogun has never been proned.

He isn't injury prone. He had one knee injury 5 years ago in college. That's it. And he hasn't missed a game since joining the active roster in 2001 (rehabbed in 2000). Meanwhile Kearse is always hurt and his sack totals have dropped every season.

Jay Fiedler is injury prone. Mark Dixon was injury prone. Steve McNair is injury prone. Adewale Ogunleye IS NOT injury prone.

Back
Top Bottom