Merged: Coach Wannstedt on NFL Network | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Coach Wannstedt on NFL Network

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
Coach Wannstedt on NFL Network

They just interviewed Dave W on Total Access.

He said that Feeley was NOT the starter, that it was way to early to set the depth charts. He also said that when training camp starts, JAY FEIDLER will be taking the snaps with the 1st team. I am in total dissaray...:shakeno:

Dave on NFL Network

He said there is no clear depth chart at Qb, they will let Jay take snas with the first team in mini camp and see where it goes,
Rich Tried hard to get him to commit to a starter by asking if giving up a 2nd round pick isn't a clear commitment to start. Dave just said well we have Jay and he has won 40 games for us the last few years and he will get every chance to compete for the starting spot.

Oh for cryin out loud he's not even opening it up for full competition????

Damnit. Now we've got a GM and a head coach at odds with each other. We should have fired Dave.

Relax guys....he made no committment one way or the other but it is obvious who the starter really is......(Feeley)

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Damnit. Now we've got a GM and a head coach at odds with each other. We should have fired Dave.

:yes:

He also said that keeping Jay helps "DEPTH"

Let me ask you....what does that mean?

It means that Feeley is the starter.....

Calm down people.

I could really care less who is taking the snaps as of this point.

Whoever it is.....It looks like they will be dead or crippled come September 2004.

Yeah I'm sure THATS why he said specifically that Jay will open up camp taking the snaps with the first team...

well saying "JAY FEIDLER will be taking the snaps with the 1st team" if obious as he is currently the starter.. Feeley needs to win it from him.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

:yes:

If Feely is all that, he'll win the job outright. He's got to make it "not even close".

Three lines of thinking........

1) Competition is "open". Jay goes in as the starter, but can lose the job/holds it till Feeley is ready. Actually not a bad way of doing things. Jay is comfy. And it's probably going to take time for Feeley to "be ready". See Jake Delhomme starting the season behind Rodney Peete.

2) Feeley will be named the starter as long as he doesn't completely stink up the joint. See Fiedler vs Huard, 2000.

3) Rick just traded a high pick for Feeley, and Dave won't play him until Fiedler plays uninspiring football for a prolonged period of time.

I'm leaning towards #1.

Re: Dave on NFL Network

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
He said there is no clear depth chart at Qb, they will let Jay take snas with the first team in mini camp and see where it goes,
Rich Tried hard to get him to commit to a starter by asking if giving up a 2nd round pick isn't a clear commitment to start. Dave just said well we have Jay and he has won 40 games for us the last few years and he will get every chance to compete for the starting spot.

Just saw this post (and merged it). This makes more sense. :)

Jay has had 4 years. Jesus Christ. Why won't they just say, Jay, Sit down and watch AJ play QB for us...?

It shouldn't be a competition, Jay doesn't deserve to have the job "won" from him. He deserves to have it TAKEN from him. This is perposterous. Do they really think the fans are This F-cking stupid?

I'm beginning to think Jay is some kind of ancient warlock who has a sinister spell on our entire FO so that no matter how bad he sucks at football they will worship him.

GUYS ITS MARCH FREAKIN 3RD What do you expect. If Feely shows that he is better in training camp and preseason he will start. If not Fiedler will start it's really that simple.

Back
Top Bottom