Merged: Coach Wannstedt on NFL Network | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Coach Wannstedt on NFL Network

Remember at the beginning of last year Wanny also said "Arturo Freeman will start over Sammy Knight right now"?? How many games during the season did Freeman start over Knight?

Wannstedt just likes to be loyal to the players already on the roster. Once camp comes, Feeley will take the job.

Wanny never runs fair competition at QB.....he'll play Jay with the 1st team all preseason......Jay is our QB as long as Wanny is the coach.....Hell, if he had been the coach in the 80's when we drafted Marino, he would of never had played and Woodley would have stayed our stater.

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
Wanny never runs fair competition at QB.....he'll play Jay with the 1st team all preseason......Jay is our QB as long as Wanny is the coach.....Hell, if he had been the coach in the 80's when we drafted Marino, he would of never had played and Woodley would have stayed our stater.

:rolleyes:

This is the situation I dreaded.......

Ricks guy (AJ) vs Wanny's guy (JAY)...and Wanny picks the winner. AJ had better clearly out play Jay or I bet we see Jay starting and AJ as our backup (Yes...the one we traded next years 2nd rounder for). By the way....which player is making more money? That might give some insight on their intentions.

Lukin

Couldn't have said it better! Are Wanstadt and Jay related?

Hate to say it but I'm of the "growing rift between FO and coach" camp...remember, first Feebler was given opportunities to look elsewhere and/or he would be asked to restructure his contract, and I guess the CFL is full up on QB's b/c no team stepped up. That directive prob came from the FO. Then Wanny has a talk with Feebler, suddenly he's coming back and at full pay. Now he's taking snaps with the first team. I just sense growing friction between Wanny and Spielman...prob one of the reasons for the snafus and muscues we've seen recently

Originally posted by Finfan80
Hate to say it but I'm of the "growing rift between FO and coach" camp...remember, first Feebler was given opportunities to look elsewhere and/or he would be asked to restructure his contract, and I guess the CFL is full up on QB's b/c no team stepped up. That directive prob came from the FO. Then Wanny has a talk with Feebler, suddenly he's coming back and at full pay. Now he's taking snaps with the first team. I just sense growing friction between Wanny and Spielman...prob one of the reasons for the snafus and muscues we've seen recently

He is not back at full pay....(he is not getting his 2 mil bonus)

what are these snafus you are talking about?

and

there is no friction between Dave and Rick.

Feeley will be the starter......guaranteed.

Well, if anyone watched the P.C. today on ESPNews you would have seen a perterbed Wannstedt sitting off to the side. You cna tell it chapped his *** that this wasn't one of his boys.

I would not be surprised to see Fiedler be named the starter before the competetion ever begins.

Originally posted by Section126

He is not back at full pay....(he is not getting his 2 mil bonus)

what are these snafus you are talking about?

and

there is no friction between Dave and Rick.

Feeley will be the starter......guaranteed.

Right!!!! Just like Griese would take the starting job from Jay, no problem. Guaranteed a QB with 5 starts is going to automatically win the #1 spot? We'll seeeeeeeee......

Fiedler is Wanny's guy, and it would take an incredible training camp/preseason for Feeley to be named the starter. That's just the way it is, despite having given up a 2nd round pick and a (low) starter contract for Feeley.

Really, Feeley should be given most of the snaps, so he can get used to playing with Ricky, Chambers, etc. Wanny will limit him instead and claim he is "not quite ready" to start when September rolls around. Watch and see. :mad:

The only good news is that Jay WILL be injured at some point, like he usually is (not that I wish that, but it happens most every year) and Feeley will have to start for a few weeks. Hopefully he shines then, and we go on to make a nice play-off run. :)

Also, this might keep Feeley under that "80% of snaps" clause that will push next years #2 to a #1. Assuming that was really in the deal with the Eagles.

Back
Top Bottom