Merged: Corey Jenkins/Corey Jenkins anoter Ray Lewis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Corey Jenkins/Corey Jenkins anoter Ray Lewis

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Corey Jenkins

I found this stroy on Corey Jenkins whie I am suppose to be working. (Shh...) I really like this guy. He's got a lot of attitude.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/6371697.htm

Here are some highlights:

But the Miami Dolphins' sixth-round draft choice isn't playing the safety position most observers thought he would. Instead, the Dreher High graduate begins camp this week No. 2 on the Dolphins' depth chart at weakside linebacker behind future Hall of Famer Junior Seau.

It's the first time Jenkins has played linebacker since attending Dreher in the mid-'90s. "But that," said Jenkins, "was a long, long time ago."

His jarring hits during that brief audition on defense were convincing: Jenkins was drafted higher than any other USC player this year.

"To me a sixth-rounder is just like being a free agent. You've got to get out there and bust your butt and got to make that team."

man we have a lot of upside on this years rookies, bell, jenkins, whitley, smith, lee, tolver and moore, put that guy from thunder of the world league named williams, who i had a chance to talk to a couple of times, i feel we have very good potential and fresh blood to develop into some quality players....props to our coaching stuff and front office members, now we just have to sign the rest of them

the hard part for a guy like Jenkins and Bell are that they have beat out proven guys like Gamble, McGarrahan and T Hendricks. Jenkins probably has it easier

I'm excited about the rooks as well and those stories are fun to read ... but a story like that could be and probably is written about every guy who gets drafted.

Jenkins can play anywhere and will do whats best for the team, Thats why i Love this guy.

Originally posted by BruceDickinson
Jenkins can play anywhere and will do whats best for the team, Thats why i Love this guy.

Where the hell have ya been Bruce?
Break out the Cowbell damnit!!:D

I'm not sure I would agree about there being a story like this about every guy. Jenkins is an interesting character. He played Baseball and QB and was noticed playing safety because he hits the crap out of people.

Can't wait to see this guy.

I'm very excited about Bell, Moore, Tolver, Jenkins, Whitley, Smith, and Lee. I think they will all make the team at some point.

Corey Jenkins anoter Ray Lewis

Remeber Ray Lewis was a safety in college. Do you think Corey Jenkins has a chance to do the same or similar?

:roflmao:.. Corey needs to play some downs first... So many players start out as Safeties and end up as LB's because coaches don't like their speed to be in the secondary..

he could succeed, but another ray lewis ? No

i didn´t even know that lewis was a safety

Back
Top Bottom