Merged: Dan Reeves Fired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dan Reeves Fired

Originally posted by Sherif
He's had a fewwinning seasons but he's not a winning coach. Get a coach with a proven winning record.

TY. He maybe gets you another 9-11 wins per season. We got that right now.

The only consistent success he had was with Elway at QB.

I have to think Dan is going to retire, anyway.

Here's hoping that Wayne takes a page from the Arthur Blank book should the Dolphins be eliminated from playoff contention before the season is over...

Reeves is on his last legs as a coach. The game seems to have passed him by. If you think Miami has been inconsistent with Wanny, Reeves has been worse. His record as a head coach has more ups and downs then a bobblehead.

Originally posted by FFiB

TY. He maybe gets you another 9-11 wins per season. We got that right now.

The only consistent success he had was with Elway at QB.

I didn't look at Reeves overall coaching record but Shannahan did more with Elway then he did. Wanny was 41-55 with the Bears. He shouldn't have been hired on here.

I live in Atlanta and Dan Reeves is not the answer for any team in the NFL. He is anal retentive Wanny (if that is even possible)! His time has come and gone.

Comparing Reeves to Wanny just isn't fair. I could buy that the game has passed Reeves by, but he still took about four more teams to the big dance than Wanny ever did. Even at his age, Dan would be a big upgrade over Wanny.

The question is whether that's good enough for the Dolphins. I would say not. It's time for a young, hungry, creative coach...

Originally posted by lauderdale
I live in Atlanta and Dan Reeves is not the answer for any team in the NFL. His time has come and gone.

Exactly....and that's why, I don't want to see ANY retreads marching through Dolphins HQ.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Exactly....and that's why, I don't want to see ANY retreads marching through Dolphins HQ.

No retreads huh? That leaves out Coughlin, Greene and now Reeves. Who would you bring in that is young and energetic?

No rookie coach!, we need a proven winner that will raise his voice when somethings not right. A motivator, with this talent we don't need an assistant coach who will need a few years to find his nitche.

Romeo Crennel would be my first choice.....But, I'm not all that familiar with any of the other OC's and DC's around the league. I expect that I'll learn alot more following this season and might be in a better position to give you a more educated opinion but, I can tell you the reason I don't want any retreads.

The NFL is the biggest copy cat league around. Two things happen when a coach has a successful idea or team. Half the league copies it and half the league schemes against it. Therefore the idea or team concept gets overexposer and loses it's effectiveness. It's been figured out.

I want to stay ahead of the curve and I don't think a Dennis Green or a Dan Reeves is going to come here and offer any new coaching insight or idea that hasn't been figured out already.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Romeo Crennel would be my first choice.....But, I'm not all that familiar with any of the other OC's and DC's around the league.

You can have Gilbride. He would be awsome for the fins :yikes:

Dan Reeves is a coach who's track record is taking a bad team and making them better.

If Wayne H decides to fire Wanny and wants to make wholesale changes to the Fins, then Dan is a good choice. He is very good at building a team from the ground up. If Wayne H wants to get a different coach to get the Fins over the hump, (LIke TB did) I don't think Dan is our Man...

Originally posted by lauderdale
I live in Atlanta and Dan Reeves is not the answer for any team in the NFL. He is anal retentive Wanny (if that is even possible)! His time has come and gone.

i live in atlanta also, and have to say no f king way, every one in atlanta wants him gone. we need a younger offensive minded coach, who that is i dont know, what about mooch in detroit? gruden is proof, any coach can be bought, and i think wayne has the $$$

He wasn't fired because of Michael Vick's injury. I don't care how bad Doug Johnson was, or how poorly he moved the offense. Or how many turnovers he was responsible for.

Any defense that gives up 30+ points per game is going to get a man fired. Doug Johnson may have made things tougher for the defense, but Doug Johnson was not responsible for 35PPG allowed.

Reeves got fired because the Falcons' defense blows, and I expect to see Wade Phillips serve as interim coach and then be the next one fired. If he didn't have HC experience (making him a good interim solution), he probably would have been dumped with Reeves.

Back
Top Bottom