MERGED: Dannell Ellerbe signs with Dolphins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dannell Ellerbe signs with Dolphins

NFL Network is baffled. Said we over paid by two million a year.

Everything I've read is telling me that the Raven's wanted him back more than any of their free agents. Some people say he was the best player on their D last year. If thats true, I'll gladly take him off of their hands. It all depends on guaranteed $ anyway.

Wish he filled an actual need...

I don't think it's fair to say he's not filling an actual need. Maybe not our most pressing need, but a need nonetheless. Our LB corps wasn't exactly lighting up the world last year.

Gonna be interesting to see how all this adds up in a few days when all these contracts are signed.

The dollar figures will only have a minimal impact on our salary for the next few years since we are positioned well for next year with just over $71 million committed to players. That is the second-lowest in the NFL.

Good question. Are we cutting Dansby or Burnett to save some cap space?

Does anyone know how much Burnett and Dansby count against the cap? Why not cut both and use one of the higher draft pick to sign another LB to go with Ellerbe?

I'll start out by saying i like Ellerbe as a player, i really do...BUT way too much money for Ellerbe with the holes we have on this team. We need guys that can cover to combat the Patriots and guys that can block for Tannehill to allow him to go deep to Wallace......this is a bit of a head scratcher to me right now. That's a LOT of money for a guy who only started for Baltimore this year after being a backup and a guy who seems to not be that great in space....not having elite measureables and movement skills like an Urlacher, Kuechly, Willis, Mayo, etc.

By the way, i said the same thing about Dansby back in the day when we HIGHLY overpaid for him and didn't have the pieces around him to warrant spending that on a middle backer.

Now i just see Dansby was released. While i don't like Dansby personally with the way he talked publicly, he was a good LB and was better in coverage than Ellerbe.

im here picked up my car. am i supposed be excited about either of these deals, im not

Hope your car is ok. And no, you are far too invested to ever admit anything.

Wish he filled an actual need...

He makes Miami a better football team -- and TOUGHER. Switching out Dansby for Ellerbe might not be considered a "need," but is a great deal, imo.

Miami is a better, tougher football team today than they were yesterday.

I'm not a fan of Ireland, but this is a GREAT move, imo. He keeps up solid moves like this, and he'll win me over...

LD

Hope your car is ok. And no, you are far too invested to ever admit anything.

I personally feel like we overpaid for both players but oh well> if they were good deals in my mind I would admit it. Not to mention the dead money by cutting Dansby.
I dont see Ellerbee as an upgrade to Dansby(bash away, but outside of money I have never said Dansby is a bad player, just felt his pass overage was overrated.
I have no reason not to say its a good deal if I felt that way.

Back
Top Bottom