MERGED: Dannell Ellerbe signs with Dolphins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dannell Ellerbe signs with Dolphins

I hope Dansby resigns, its possible for him to play outside linebacker like he did in arizona, good player just made too much

I hope Dansby resigns, its possible for him to play outside linebacker like he did in arizona, good player just made too much

I doubt it why resign if a team with plenty of cap space cuts u.

Got the bleacher update on my way home from work and could not believe it. This guy is an absolute beast. What an amazing steal. Well done once again Ireland!

Nah I think we go cornerback in first round. I think people forget we still have Vernon out there and our team may not see the need to get another defensive end.

I think the main holes are to be addressed in draft -- CB, OL, WR, TE

I dont think the FA market was necessarily outstanding for any of those positions, and the ones that were (Wallace, Cook) we either got or almost got.

Ireland has given us 2 playmakers in our LB line without needing to spend draft picks on any (especially draft picks that could be used for holes).

Interesting gamble. Huge contract. I hope Ireland's right on Ellerbe. I love Ravens defenders, there's a culture in place there that scouts and improves talent. I'm not sure he'll outproduce Dansby but I like that we're being pro-active at the LB position considering the performance we get there was likely headed towards a cliff.

I'll start out by saying i like Ellerbe as a player, i really do...BUT way too much money for Ellerbe with the holes we have on this team. We need guys that can cover to combat the Patriots and guys that can block for Tannehill to allow him to go deep to Wallace......this is a bit of a head scratcher to me right now. That's a LOT of money for a guy who only started for Baltimore this year after being a backup and a guy who seems to not be that great in space....not having elite measureables and movement skills like an Urlacher, Kuechly, Willis, Mayo, etc.

By the way, i said the same thing about Dansby back in the day when we HIGHLY overpaid for him and didn't have the pieces around him to warrant spending that on a middle backer.

Now i just see Dansby was released. While i don't like Dansby personally with the way he talked publicly, he was a good LB and was better in coverage than Ellerbe.

Not if Wes Welker is no longer there. trust me.

and the plan is obviously to attack Tom Brady.

Ellerbe was Baltimore's replacement for Rayray. We stole him. Flat out stole him and we were watching superbowl day you can bet on that! They are so friggin pissed in Balt. right now. We did not overpay. This guy has great instincts and lateral movement, quick and doesnt miss tackles.

Back
Top Bottom