Merged: Daunte Culpepper

Dolfan81 said:
NOOOOOO
culpepper has already proven he cant do it without moss
and chambers and moss are nothing alike
no culpepper in miami

such an ignorant statement...

wagz said:
we can take a chanse w/ him and draft a QB or keep gus or another FA back up incase he dosn't do well
:shakeno: And if he doesn't do well and we have to turn back to Gus or the other Free Agent Backup/Draftee, then basically we trade a valuable and productive back up running back for nothing? Two things.. first of all, no one knows the extent of Dante's injury and early reports say he won't be ready anywhere near training camp... secondly.. right now if we didn't have Ronnie, our back up running back is who? Minor, Morris? Are you serious? Did you see what Ricky did the last two weeks of the season when Ronnie was hurt.. his value to us as a back up running back is FAR better than the risk of trading him for Culpepper and an injury that could affect him for the rest of his life..

woody1351 said:
NO, culpepper, isnt anything without moss, he fumbles all the time, he likes to run, tore acl and mcl, and wants more money no thanks. also hes prolly around 30

I don't know why people think mobility in a Qb is such a terrible thing. Culpepper just signed a new contract I believe, why would he want more money? Minnesota probably would never make the trade, but if Saban was offered Culpepper for Williams and did not take the deal, I would have flashbacks of the old regime's decision making.

Where did someone get Ricky being a backup running back? Seems to me it wasn't too long ago Ricky was a Pro-Bowl running back actually winning the Pro-Bowl MVP award and setting a record for most yards in a season for a Dolphin running back. Ricky may have issues but he still has the potential to be a Pro-Bowl and Franchise caliber running back which he has proven when Ronnie Brown got hurt this season. The Dolphins may or may not trade Ricky Williams for a quarterback, draft choices or whatever but he is still relatively young and definitely not washed up, second string or a backup running back. I will support whatever Saban decides to do with Ricky thats best for the team, and I hope he doesn't have any more lapses in judgement.

Canadianfishfan said:
Culpepper may never play again from what i hear... and after a severe injury such as he's he's damaged goods now.

He may never even walk normal again.... much less play up to the same standard as the Moss years.

Your kidding, right? How do you not trade a backup RB going into his 30's and with documented drug and commitment issues for a pro bowl QB? This would be a bigger steal than the infamous Hershal Walker trade. Is there some risk due to Culpepper's injury? Of course! But you have to take that shot.

And Chris Chambers would pack Rickys bags, push him out the door, and send a limo to the airport for Daunte. How many of Culpeppers possible 4500+ yards a season would go to CC...

The ONLY legit argument against Culpepper is injury.

That's it. If you stipulate that Dante passes physicals and is doctor approved we would be utter idiots not to do this.

You know, sometime I am going to catalogue reactions to different quarterbacks... and then compare it by race.

Because in the upside-down world where Ferotte or Josh McCown get less criticism than Culpepper or McNair... I'd like to know where it all comes from.

Obviously you don't have to be racist to dislike McNair, Culpepper or Young and I'm not saying that. But they do get more hate as a group than their peers. And I don't understand it.

Vince Young is the highest rated PASSER in college football and he gets far more hate than Cutler, for example.

Dante Culpepper puts up a 110 (!!!) rating last year and he gets all kinds of hate.

Probably something subconscious, but it's worth looking at.

haha, wow the things i read in this forum. First off, having two good RB's such as Ronnie and Ricky is a luxury. We dont need 2 RB's, look at Seattle, San Diego, Indy, ect..... the only difference is that they all have a reliable QB. Yes, its nice to have someone thats able to step in if a player goes down, thats depth. But before you have depth, u need to make sure u have other positions taken care of. Now, Culpepper may not be the most consistant QB in the league, but he is definately an upgrade over what we have. All i kno, is that a linep of:

Culpepper
Ronnie
Chambers
Booker or T.O. (speculation)
McMichael

is better than a linep of:

Ferrotte or any drafted Rookie
Ronnie and Ricky
Chambers
Booker or T.O
McMichael

I mean are you kidding me. And alot of you like David Carr, well lemme tell you that if your guna get Carr, guess what? Your guna hafta give up Ricky anyways. So whatever you wana do at QB is fine with me, but i know that we need to balance the offense.

wagz said:
you'd rather have a back-up running back for 2 years than a potential pro bowl QB?:confused:

You can label RW anything you want, but he is the number 1 running back on the team right now. He may not take the first carry, but he takes all the important ones when the game is on the line.
Implying that he is back-up caliber is nonsense. He's still one of the top 5-10 running backs in the league. Probably higher if you lokk at talent rather than stats.
Culpepper, on the other hand, may not even be ready for TC or the start of the regular season for that matter. We don't even know how his injury is going to affect him. So where is the pro bowl potential?

u have to be crazy.. give up a proven back for a QB who potentially had a career ending injury? see how he plays for a year then perhaps.. but the injuries he sustained are just to questionable.

nopony said:
The ONLY legit argument against Culpepper is injury.

That's it. If you stipulate that Dante passes physicals and is doctor approved we would be utter idiots not to do this.

You know, sometime I am going to catalogue reactions to different quarterbacks... and then compare it by race.

Because in the upside-down world where Ferotte or Josh McCown get less criticism than Culpepper or McNair... I'd like to know where it all comes from.

Obviously you don't have to be racist to dislike McNair, Culpepper or Young and I'm not saying that. But they do get more hate as a group than their peers. And I don't understand it.

Vince Young is the highest rated PASSER in college football and he gets far more hate than Cutler, for example.

Dante Culpepper puts up a 110 (!!!) rating last year and he gets all kinds of hate.

Probably something subconscious, but it's worth looking at.

Frerotte doesn't get criticized?? Are you kidding me? McCown only gets mentioned by a handful of people on this site, because realistically most of us don't see him as a viable long term option. The arguments against McNair have to do with his age and his propensity for injury. Vince Young is a very good college QB, but his tendency to run and his sidearm delivery cause some concern as an NFL QB, particularly when considering he may be a top 3 pick (huge signing bonus). Culpepper has some issues with respect to his tendency to fumble and he has a ridiculously large contract right now.
I don't think anyone has posted here and claimed that Frerotte or McCown are better QB's than Culpepper.
Perhaps you are overly sensitive and drawing premature conclusions.

Talk about over-rating Ricky. This isnt even a question.

tylerdolphin said:
Talk about over-rating Ricky. This isnt even a question.

Ya I mean we only have Ricky for two more years and he's a RB vs. a QB. It's not like he's even the top RB in the league or anything anymore even with his great finish. He's also one mistake away from boom buh-bye....

Back
Top Bottom