Merged: Devin Hester | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Devin Hester

Devin Hester...

Well, I just read that Devin Hester is to become eligible for the NFL Draft this off season and though I feel he is worth a latter 1st round pick (16th is too high I know), I think we should look at him as a second round pick because he can be that corner we are looking for, while leaving Saban to draft whatever feels like drafting in round 1. I might be sounding like I'm too high on Hester but I do think he is a great playmaker and X-factor, we have Welker and do not need him to return kicks, so that leaves a lot of room for him to focus on the defensive side of the game and can ultimately make him one of the center pieces to our defense. Yes I know that is a lot to say but from what I have seen, he is a great all around athlete and reminds me a lot of Champ Bailey. Let me know what you think??? Is it ridiculous or do you guys think it could happen??? Do you think he'll get picked in the first round or do you think he will go in somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round???

I would take him in the third. He'll probably be a great KR/PR in the NFL. I don't think he can cover that well, so I don't see him as a nickel back. He can probably be a good 3rd WR. He could be an emergency guy at almost every position too.

he is more of a Wes Welker guy. Not worth a 1st or second round pick. He will be a 3rd WR, KR, PR, and play other positions if need be, much like Welker

Didnt Boomer take some flack for saying this some time ago? Like right after the coach said that he would be coming back and would be more involved in the offense?

Because of his speed someone may REACH for him the second round; but he is more of a low third to mid fourth round pick. He's a d-back, but he lost his starting position this year. I think he should've stayed in college for his last year to improve his skill as a d-back. He's a dangerous return man, but that is all he brings to table right now because he's skills are still raw as a DB.

Devin Hester sucks at everything except returns. We have Welker to do that for us.

He will be taken anywhere from the 3rd-5th round, based solely on his athletic ability. He will not be a corner in the NFL, UNLESS he gets REALLY good coaching at the position. He couldn't even win the nickel back job at UM. Coker said that if he were to stay for his senior season, he would use Hester as more of a WR/RB role, like Reggie Bush. So much for that.

From the city or from the University? From "the U", yes he is, but from Miami itself I have no idea.

I'd stay away from this guy. Yes he has speed, but that is all I see from him. Huge mistake coming out early... He should stay at Miami and develop his skills more.

Miamifin23 said:
I'd stay away from this guy. Yes he has speed, but that is all I see from him. Huge mistake coming out early... He should stay at Miami and develop his skills more.

He said he came out because he needs to support his mother who was in a car accident several years ago and can't really work.

Hostile7 said:
Devin Hester sucks at everything except returns. We have Welker to do that for us.
You are right, bue he is so good at returns that he'll have a long NFL career barring injuries. Think Desmond Howard w/out the WR hype - but faster. I don't see him ending up with us, but if he were too, he'd be a better return option than Welker just based on his big-play ability. Heck, that would give Welker more WR action, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom