Merged: Dolphins News.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins News....

trainwreck

ALL PAIN, NO GAIN TRAIN
Reaction score
Just posting some of the lastest news for those who are interested.

Dolphins | Team expected to make a contract offer to Harrington
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:43:57 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports agent David Dunn has been told the Miami Dolphins are preparing a contract offer for his client, Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington. However, some problems remain. Harrington is looking for a deal no longer than two years so he can have enough time to rehabilitate his career as a backup before seeking a starting job somewhere, and he is seeking between $2.5 million and $3 million per season to do it. The Dolphins' salary structure does not typically pay a backup quarterback more than $2 million. Although the Dolphins might be willing to trade one of their three seventh-round picks for Harrington, they cannot meet the higher demands the Lions are likely to make. The Lions want no lower than a sixth-round selection for Harrington and are asking higher than that, according to an NFL source. Miami does not have a fifth- or sixth-round pick this year.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with O. Harris
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:55:31 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Miami DT Orien Harris.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with S. Moss
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:54:45 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Miami WR Sinorice Moss.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with D. Aromashodu
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:53:54 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Auburn WR Devin Aromashodu.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with O. Jacobs
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:52:14 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs.

Dolphins | Team scouting F. Evans
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:50:27 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins sent defensive line coach Dan Quinn to work out Texas State DT Fred Evans. Quinn had dinner with Evans the night before the workout and, after the workout, asked the player to perform several drills privately. Evans, at 6-3 and 305 pounds, ran a 5.12 40-yard dash and had a 34-inch vertical leap.

trainwreck said:
Dolphins | Team expected to visit with O. Harris
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:55:31 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Miami DT Orien Harris.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with S. Moss
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:54:45 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Miami WR Sinorice Moss.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with D. Aromashodu
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:53:54 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Auburn WR Devin Aromashodu.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with O. Jacobs
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:52:14 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs.

Dolphins | Team scouting F. Evans
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:50:27 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins sent defensive line coach Dan Quinn to work out Texas State DT Fred Evans. Quinn had dinner with Evans the night before the workout and, after the workout, asked the player to perform several drills privately. Evans, at 6-3 and 305 pounds, ran a 5.12 40-yard dash and had a 34-inch vertical leap.

Those are my predictions for Miami's draft.

I guess Harringtons agent was a little upset that they weren't offered a contract when Harrington visited.
Well now I guess they will get one.
Of course it will be a take it or leave it contract.
I don't see Saban getting into a bidding war with anyone over Harrington.

trainwreck said:
I guess Harringtons agent was a little upset that they weren't offered a contract when Harrington visited.
Well now I guess they will get one.
Of course it will be a take it or leave it contract.
I don't see Saban getting into a bidding war with anyone over Harrington.

Exactly

Which is why I didn't pick him. He'll probably be the first WR gone and Saban likes guys from the SEC anyway. Btw, is Miami SEC or another conference?

In case the Harrington deal falls through, does anyone have a list of
the UFA QBs available?
Or is it pretty much Harrington and Maddox?

Back
Top Bottom