Merged: Dolphins News.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins News....

Good to hear that Miami is looking at Jacobs, I still do not understand why he has fallen so out of favor with so many so called experts, all the guy does is produce (Don't want to hear the "Too many balls are going to be batted down with his delivery" garbage, because nobody really knows for sure), and he can be at the very least a very good backup, and considering nobody will take him before the 4th (Maybe somebody does jump on him in the 3rd, but I doubt it), he would be a great value pickup in the 4th...or 3rd for that matter.

I was hoping for Miami to take Whitehurst in the 3rd, but if they take Omar, I have no problems there either.

what draft pick will we give up for harrington? a 4th next year?

trainwreck said:

Dolphins | Team scouting F. Evans
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:50:27 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins sent defensive line coach Dan Quinn to work out Texas State DT Fred Evans. Quinn had dinner with Evans the night before the workout and, after the workout, asked the player to perform several drills privately. Evans, at 6-3 and 305 pounds, ran a 5.12 40-yard dash and had a 34-inch vertical leap.

I go to Texas State and I can tell you right now, Evans has got what it takes to play the game. I'd love to see him picked up in the later rounds. He dominates the line.

icephinfan said:
Looks good, wouldn't mind having Moss though.....probably be gone top 10

DearbornDolfan said:
Which is why I didn't pick him. He'll probably be the first WR gone and Saban likes guys from the SEC anyway. Btw, is Miami SEC or another conference?

WTF? What are you guys thinking? Moss top 10? First WR taken? No way. He's a LATE 1st rounder at best, after Jackson and Holmes.

Motion said:
WTF? What are you guys thinking? Moss top 10? First WR taken? No way. He's a LATE 1st rounder at best, after Jackson and Holmes.

You never know, stranger things have happen....

Harrington argh!!! How badly I would like us to sign this guy for three years. Three just three, because inevitably it would only take two years for his worth to exceed his salary and an imminent trade would be conceivable. Where else could he go that his future value would increase as much as here in Miami? Damn his feeble brain.....!!

PALMA said:
Harrington argh!!! How badly I would like us to sign this guy for three years. Three just three, because inevitably it would only take two years for his worth to exceed his salary and an imminent trade would be conceivable. Where else could he go that his future value would increase as much as here in Miami? Damn his feeble brain.....!!

Do you think Detroit will take one of our 7th round picks for him?

trainwreck said:
Just posting some of the lastest news for those who are interested.

Dolphins | Team expected to make a contract offer to Harrington
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:43:57 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports agent David Dunn has been told the Miami Dolphins are preparing a contract offer for his client, Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington. However, some problems remain. Harrington is looking for a deal no longer than two years so he can have enough time to rehabilitate his career as a backup before seeking a starting job somewhere, and he is seeking between $2.5 million and $3 million per season to do it. The Dolphins' salary structure does not typically pay a backup quarterback more than $2 million. Although the Dolphins might be willing to trade one of their three seventh-round picks for Harrington, they cannot meet the higher demands the Lions are likely to make. The Lions want no lower than a sixth-round selection for Harrington and are asking higher than that, according to an NFL source. Miami does not have a fifth- or sixth-round pick this year.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with O. Harris
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:55:31 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Miami DT Orien Harris.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with S. Moss
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:54:45 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Miami WR Sinorice Moss.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with D. Aromashodu
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:53:54 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Auburn WR Devin Aromashodu.

Dolphins | Team expected to visit with O. Jacobs
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:52:14 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to have a pre-draft visit with Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs.

Dolphins | Team scouting F. Evans
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:50:27 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins sent defensive line coach Dan Quinn to work out Texas State DT Fred Evans. Quinn had dinner with Evans the night before the workout and, after the workout, asked the player to perform several drills privately. Evans, at 6-3 and 305 pounds, ran a 5.12 40-yard dash and had a 34-inch vertical leap.

Is that S. Moss - Santana Moss?

Back
Top Bottom