MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

I'm on the other side of this topic in comparison with you. Seeing as how life is short and the last time you go see them might be your last time ever, I don't give a damn about how bad they might have been. They're 5-7 in games I've flown down to see with the last win being this year vs. Oakland. I waited since 2005 to see a win (think it was six straight losses) but I went down there time and time again b/c I'm a loyal mother****er.

That's your choice. I'll continue to be "worthless" and watch the games from home. I have no desire to go to the stadium.

I'm on the other side of this topic in comparison with you. Seeing as how life is short and the last time you go see them might be your last time ever, I don't give a damn about how bad they might have been. They're 5-7 in games I've flown down to see with the last win being this year vs. Oakland. I waited since 2005 to see a win (think it was six straight losses) but I went down there time and time again b/c I'm a loyal mother****er.

I go down ever year also, and the past three seasons I saw them lose. Still, when it came time to buy tickets this year, I did right away. I saw them beat the Rams this year. I look forward to going to a home next season.

That's your choice. I'll continue to be "worthless" and watch the games from home. I have no desire to go to the stadium.

If the product is so fn bad , why do you watch them at home. I mean if you brought home that bad meat you were talking about you wouldn't eat it , right?

In short, go look at the beach and tell me where would you rather be? Miami beach or watching crappy game where the team comes out flat half the time...your examples do not have the scenery to match miami beach...you either go to the game or sit at home and feel sorry that you live in buffalo...:chuckle:

also Ill give you another reason...I had season tickets with my dad from 1996 - 2000...we sat on the opponents side, right side of the field at about the 30...the tickets were 38$ a ticket for those 4 years...now they are past 50...

Go to the beach after the game. I've done it before. It's the beach. How exciting can it be if you live at the beach every single day?

Go to the beach after the game. I've done it before. It's the beach. How exciting can it be if you live at the beach every single day?

When I went down to the Rams game, I visited the beach on Saturday. I was surprised it was there since I heard stories it only shows up on Sundays. ;)

Although I agree with you, you'd be surprised.

I can't even tell you the last time I went to the beach when going back to Lauderdale. Took my girlfriend for a ride down Ocean Drive on South Beach just because she's from Amish country in Eastern Pennsylvania and they're amazed by anything outside of Pennsylvania. I guess that kinda counts as going to the beach.

Just dirt and water IMO

well if you arent part of the solution you are part of the problem..i love my team, will support them no matter what..if that makes me a sucker...well i have been called worse:)

Although I agree with you, you'd be surprised.

I can't even tell you the last time I went to the beach when going back to Lauderdale. Took my girlfriend for a ride down Ocean Drive on South Beach just because she's from Amish country in Eastern Pennsylvania and they're amazed by anything outside of Pennsylvania. I guess that kinda counts as going to the beach.

Just dirt and water IMO
Obviously your girlfriend doesn't get out a lot. I am from Eastern Pennsylvania and believe me, we all are not as secluded as you might think. It isn't all buggies and amazement at beaches from people here, most of the people I work with and know have much more eventful lives then your girlfriend.

Obviously your girlfriend doesn't get out a lot. I am from Eastern Pennsylvania and believe me, we all are not as secluded as you might think. It isn't all buggies and amazement at beaches from people here, most of the people I work with and know have much more eventful lives then your girlfriend.

She's from Lancaster. You tell me. I was there back in May.

****in culture shock for me. Couldn't believe people lived like that on purpose. Flat land for miles. Cows. Horses. Stunning. I thought those stories were a myth.

She has a pretty eventful life now that she met me.

I love Whole Foods, but if they started selling expired meat and Winn-Dixie (which isn't very good in comparison) quality produce for ten years, I wouldn't go back until they got their stuff together. Sports isn't some magical entity where those rules don't apply. You draw the crowd you deserve based on performance.

What kind of comparison is this? If you don't go to Whole Foods, there are other alternative grocery stores to shop at. If you're going to jump ship to go like another NFL team, you can't be taken seriously.

What kind of comparison is this? If you don't go to Whole Foods, there are other alternative grocery stores to shop at. If you're going to jump ship to go like another NFL team, you can't be taken seriously.

I already admitted that it was a bad comparison, but continue harping on that comment if you wish. My other posts in this thread make it clear what my thinking is.

She's from Lancaster. You tell me. I was there back in May.

****in culture shock for me. Couldn't believe people lived like that on purpose. Flat land for miles. Cows. Horses. Stunning. I thought those stories were a myth.

She has a pretty eventful life now that she met me.
I know Lancaster very well. Not everyone is Amish or farms.

Bull****. It's pure loathing, which is evident in your complete disregard for all possible reasons for the team not selling out. You despise the fact that they don't have the undying loyalty to their local team that teams in Podunk Middle American towns enjoy, the kind of loyalty that keeps the stadium packed no matter what. You completely disregard that Miami is an entirely different market. You disregard the economy's impact there. You disregard demographics. You disregard very basic business concepts. You disregard literally everything and fall back on one asinine idea: the local fanbase sucks because they don't give undying support to a **** product.

That loathing is pure hatred. Not disappointment, embarrassment, or any other patronizing feelings you claim to have towards the city and those that live there. That's evident in your willingness to have the team move. But I'm sure their all very hurt by your disappointment and embarrassment.

Is it just me or are the only ones harping about ticket sales out of towners? Are there any season ticket holders in here complaining about the lack of support?

Back
Top Bottom