Merged: Drew Olson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Drew Olson

whatsburning said:
Exactly... he's a clone!

Is that a bad thing?

It seemed to me that attitude was the biggest issue with McNown. If Olsen has as much talent as McNown did but is more coachable, he sounds like a fantastic second day pick with potential to me.

KB21 said:
He's impressive until the camera is on him. In every nationally televised game UCLA has played, Drew Olson has played like crap. He was 9 for 21 yesterday against Northwestern.

I think Drew has some inherent talent to work with, but at this point, I'd invest nothing higher than a 6th round pick on him.

Guess we do think alike.

http://www.billsbuzz.com/billsbuzz/...-dolphins-12-26-draft-primer-quarterbacks.htm

Chris Kouffman at AFC East Report said:
Premature Draft Primer: Quarterbacks
By Chris Kouffman
December 26, 2005

...The problem with Drew is that he has always been prone to blowing it when the cameras start rolling and the games start getting important. On a national stage against USC in a game that was hyped to be a shootout of quarterbacks, Olson looked like he had this thumb up his alimentary canal all day long. He looked like his old self, rather than his new self, with a 44 percent completion and only 146 yards on 32 attempts. He threw a pointless, garbage touchdown in the 66-19 rout...

So because of that USC game Olson isn't a top draft prospect? Nothing more than a 6th round on him but a lot here will use a 1st to get Jay Cutler? I watched the USC vs. UCLA game and I don't think he played that bad as there was a lot of pressure on him the entire game. I just don't understand why he isn't a talked about QB, he seems to be very smart with the ball and the strides he's made since he started seems so immense. I hope Saban gives him a thought.

I am not any draft Guru or anything but he seems like a young Frerotte possibly! Maybe a little more accurate!

Northwestern is also about the worst ranked defense in the country, and he played like crap against them. No thanks to him.

Retnuhrace said:
Northwestern is also about the worst ranked defense in the country, and he played like crap against them. No thanks to him.

Winning the game for the team in the 2nd half is playing like crap?

daniel3 said:
Winning the game for the team in the 2nd half is playing like crap?

Correction, Markey, Moya, and Marcedes won the game. Olson was along for the ride. Drew nearly LOST the game in the first half. Two interceptions returned for touchdowns to start the game during a big (playoff type) game? Where've we seen that before? COUGH (FIEDLER). COUGH (FIEDLER).

I'm pretty sure he had two scoring drives and a nice long TD throw. Unless Markey was the one throwing the ball on those drives, I don't think he was just along for the ride. Also comparing him to Fiedler just because of one quarter is a tad bit too much.

He is NOT an NFL caliber QB, at least not a starting one. This coming from a UCLA fan who has seen all his games.

daniel3 said:
I'm pretty sure he had two scoring drives and a nice long TD throw. Unless Markey was the one throwing the ball on those drives, I don't think he was just along for the ride. Also comparing him to Fiedler just because of one quarter is a tad bit too much.

Trust me Olson has a full body of work to compare with Jay Fiedler. And it's not about one bad quarter. It's about handing the other team 14 free points. It's about flinging poop when the cameras start rolling rather than flinging the pigskin. Every time the game gets to be important or gets on a national stage, Olson chokes. It has always been this way.

I wouldn't mind if Olson came here. He's a fellow UCLA student so it'd be nice to personally know a future Dolphin player. But I'm not sure he'd be the right guy for our O. But he does know how to manage an offense that has freshmen and walk-on (people who haven't played since 9th year in high school could pass as a starter) WRs to perfection by effectively using the TE and RB spots.

Drew Olsen

Projected In Wat Round?

Hes Gonna Be The Best Qb In The Draft

Hes The Steal Of The Draft Also

Ppl Judge Qb On Games Its Stupid Every Has A Bad Day Playing Sports If Basketball Was Like Nfl
Cause No One Is Consistent Every Game

Vince Young Struggled Big Time Vs Some Team One Week Before The Hiesman
And He Destryoed Usc

I Think Playing Big Time Teams Is Where U Judge Pl

But U Cant Judge Ppl By One Game Either

Back
Top Bottom