Merged: Eric Winston | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Eric Winston

Last year I never would have dreamed of us having a shot at him at 16.

He will catapult with his 40 time.

I'd take him in a second, but look for him to sneak up close to D'Brickashaw's tail.

South Florida said:
Last year I never would have dreamed of us having a shot at him at 16.

He will catapult with his 40 time.

I'd take him in a second, but look for him to sneak up close to D'Brickashaw's tail.

I like Winston but he's not the freak athlete D'Brick is. That guy plays so light on his feet you think he can't be strong enough until you watch a few plays. He's the very rare 300+ pounder who moves around like an OLB.

Before the 2004 knee injury against Ga Tech, Winston was a dominant lineman. He was rounding back into form late last season but until I watched a tape of the 2004 opener against FSU last week I didn't realize how far the injury set back Winston. He was never that nimble or explosive in 2005.

Awsi Dooger said:
I like Winston but he's not the freak athlete D'Brick is. That guy plays so light on his feet you think he can't be strong enough until you watch a few plays. He's the very rare 300+ pounder who moves around like an OLB.

Before the 2004 knee injury against Ga Tech, Winston was a dominant lineman. He was rounding back into form late last season but until I watched a tape of the 2004 opener against FSU last week I didn't realize how far the injury set back Winston. He was never that nimble or explosive in 2005.

yea i said the same thing a while back. Eric Moore dominated winston the entire game.

eric winston 3rd-4th round????

according to mel kiper, eric winston could drop to the third or 4th round. whats he smoking, i know he had an injury, but theres no way he falls that far

Wow, He is a bit over rated IMO but I doubt he'll fall that far.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in Kiper's opinions. Winston would have to absolutely lay an egg to drop that far. The only other left tackle prospect that's playing better is Ferguson.

I say Winston goes in the 2nd round. Whatever team nabs him will give him a "redshirt" rookie year to fully rehab his knee, work on lateral quickness, and bulk up another 15 pounds.

winston has extremely short arms, small hands, under weight, not all that strong, and a knee that over a year later might not be fully recovered. . . . . . . .you never know about a player with so many problems.

He's basically Eric Steinbach, he'll drop to the top 2nd at worst.

Jaj said:
He's basically Eric Steinbach, he'll drop to the top 2nd at worst.

Difference is steinbach is a Gaurd, where small arms, small hands, and knee injury affecting movement wouldnt matter much.

No way, I doubt he'll even fall out of the 1st round

as I've been saying for awhile, Winston is one of the most overrated players in the draft, and was not deserving of 1st team All-American this year.

Will he fall to the 2nd day? doubtful, but I could see him fall to the early 3rd at worse.

If he gets into the first, it will be late. And it will be because A)Colledge and Trueblood did not improve their stocks and B)McNeil's injury concerns are worse than expected (rumor down in Mobile, is he could plummet down boards)

and as Mentioned earlier, the difference between Steinbach and Winston are one is a OG and the other an OT. A tackle with injury concerns will fall a lot farther than a guard. Plus, for the most part, guards don't normally go that high anyway.

I normally trust Kiper but he seems way off base with this statement.
I just finished watching the Senior Bowl practice on NFL Network and Terry Bradway, the Jets GM, mentioned Eric Winston as a player who was impressive during the day.

Back
Top Bottom