Merged: Eric Winston | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Eric Winston

Ive seen several other sites projecting him in the 3-4th...I wouldnt be surprised at all to at least see him fall to us in the 2nd at this point. I actually found that Kiper was VERY accurate last year...

eric winston?

I have read some reports saying that winston might fall to the 2nd round, do you think we could get him in the 2nd? that would be a steal imo.

nolefin, dolphins may recruit wife beaters, but we draw the line at rapists (ok alleged rapists). Oh and wrt Winston, I think if he has a good senior bowl he'll stay in the first round.

nolefin said:
wish list 06' draft
1st-Jay cutler-qb-vandy
2nd-Trueblood-ot-boston college
3rd-A.J nicholson-lb-fsu
4th-pat watkins-fs-fsu
6th-DJ shockley-qb-georgia
7th-willie reid-wr/kr/pr-fsu

daniel3 said:
nolefin, dolphins may recruit wife beaters, but we draw the line at rapists. Oh and I think if he has a good senior bowl he'll stay in the first round.

:confused: I think your confused. Not even close to the same person.

The rapist thing was about AJ Nicholson, not Winston. As for Winston, I think he will fall to the second for some reason. Apparently his Senior Bowl practices have been really up and down so far...couple that with a major knee injury and a strong, strong tackle class and I think he's out of the first.
Still a long ways to go, but that's how I see it right now.

The way things look now Winston may fall even farther than that. If he has a good Senior Bowl game and good combine/pro day he could improve his stock, but in a tackle class as good as this one, his rusty play this year along with the injury will more than likely keep him out of the first.

The buzz behind Winston's drop is not only linked to his knee...and his up and down Senior Bowl. He measured in with a "short" 32.25 inch reach at the Senior Bowl. That is not a good reach at all. His hands are also very small for an OT at 9.125 inches (my hands are 9.5 inches, and I'm 5'10"). Just to give you an idea, he's got the 2nd worst reach among OL at the Senior Bowl (worst is Nick Mangold...the center) and he's got the smallest hands among OL at the Senior Bowl.

Keep in mind that reach was one of two most important attributes that Houck has cited in the past when he said a guy needs to have great reach or good feet and if he's got both he's special. Winston has good feet, and they should get better as he continues to recover from the knee injury...but the small reach means I don't expect to see him drafted until Round 2, maybe even Round 3.

Back
Top Bottom