Merged: ESPN: Jay given permission to seek trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: ESPN: Jay given permission to seek trade

aquaman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Per espn news: Jay given permission to seek trade

It was just on espn news.. Fiedler was given permission to seek a trade.. not on the bottom line but on those tidbits they give you with 3 different teams. Looks like he may be gone.. someone will part with a 4th rounder.. I doubt anyone would go higher.

Re: Per espn news: Jay given permission to seek trade

Originally posted by aquaman
It was just on espn news.. Fiedler was given permission to seek a trade.. not on the bottom line but on those tidbits they give you with 3 different teams. Looks like he may be gone.. someone will part with a 4th rounder.. I doubt anyone would go higher.

well, jeez. if you can any kind of pick for JF, that would be awesome. maybe a two for next year? :lol:

Does this mean where keeping Griese??? Please tell me no

hmmm...I dunno, a 4th is kinda high for a four year starter, with the third best winning percentage of all active QB's.

:)

Sad thing is, I bet no one even offers up a trade!!

We will be lucky to get a conditional sixth rounder for him. He'll likely be a June cut. Maybe he'll resign with the Fins for less money once he realizes how NOT in demand he is.

actually rick, there are teams interested in Fiedler. hes just not number one on their lists right now. but that could change. And here is a thought. New England takes Fiedler as a backup. Why wouldnt they?

Originally posted by TonyStrong
Does this mean where keeping Griese??? Please tell me no

Well, let's put it this way. I'd much rather keep a guy who was unproven after 4 games and give him another chance rather than give a guy who was unproven after 4 years another chance.

Then who would rock the #14...Brian Griese or our starter AJ Feely?

Originally posted by Rick 1966
We will be lucky to get a conditional sixth rounder for him. He'll likely be a June cut. Maybe he'll resign with the Fins for less money once he realizes how NOT in demand he is.
I am really confused...how could we trade him?...there is NO WAY...NO WAY we give him that roster bonus that is due in April just to trade him for a 4 or 5....he will be cut....think that bonus is about 4 million....why would we pay that?...just to get a low pick?...makes no sense

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Name them and give documentation, please.

We already know that Norv and the Raiders are interested in Fiedler. ESPNEWS also mentioned the Cowboys and Bucs as teams that could be interested.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan

I am really confused...how could we trade him?...there is NO WAY...NO WAY we give him that roster bonus that is due in April just to trade him for a 4 or 5....he will be cut....think that bonus is about 4 million....why would we pay that?...just to get a low pick?...makes no sense

I beleive if we trade him BEFORE the bonus is due, we are not on the hook for the bonus. Essentially a trade would empact us eexactly the saema as releasing him before that bonus is due. Therefor, we are trying to get somehing out of him, since he ill likely be released anyways.

Back
Top Bottom