Merged: ESPN: Jay given permission to seek trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: ESPN: Jay given permission to seek trade

Originally posted by MaraxusKA

We already know that Norv and the Raiders are interested in Fiedler. ESPNEWS also mentioned the Cowboys and Bucs as teams that could be interested.

No, actually we don't know Norv is interested and ESPNews has no confirmation from either team that they are interested. I would highly doubt any report that Norv wants Fiedler, given the reports of him cursing Fiedler's limiting his play calling options.

For those talking about Griese, there is no way he will be on this team next season.

I personally don't think anyone will trade for Fiedler, espicially since he will be making a lot more than he is worth this season. I used to hate Fiedler, but I started to like him 2 years ago. He isn't the most talented QB out there, but his heart is second to none. After the Feeley trade, I expect Fiedler to be released along with Griese. Both are very expensive to keep around as backups.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Name them and give documentation, please.

Here is a story by Dan LeRetard...

"Dallas, Tampa Bay, San Diego and Norv Turner's Raiders have already shown interest in Fiedler, who has been given the option by the Dolphins of either staying or leaving. Dallas should be especially attractive to him given the talent at wide receiver."

The link bellow will be an interesting read....

LINK

We'll get a pick for him. There are three teams cited by the Herald as interested in him.

Some FO people think Jay is a solid average starter. I don't and hope they're that dumb.

Turner mentioned in an article (I read it a couple weeks ago, I'll try to find where it's at) that he would like to have Fiedler in his system, because he has worked with it in the past and has shown a bit of success and knowledge with it.

Even if Norv wasn't interested, if you believe nobody would trade for Fiedler in the first place, I'd still strongly disagree and go as far as saying that you are wrong in that assumption. With the modern NFL, the need for a solid back-up QB is becoming larger by the season. Many teams would definitely trade for Fiedler if they are given the chance to restructure his contract and make him a back-up QB. The only problem is that Fiedler wants a starting job and it's doubtful that many teams will give him that chance.

"Shown interest" doesn't translate to "are willing to trade for."
What those teams are interested in is waiting till he's cut and offering him a far far lower salary.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
For those talking about Griese, there is no way he will be on this team next season.

Who said this?

I think Fiedler will get some interest. He is not a bad QB. He is just a bad fit for our system.

We can get at least a 5th rounder for Jay Fiedler and we got him as an UFA from Jax so we didnt give up anything for him. So the Feeley trade could and up being Feeley and a 5th rounder (from Fielder trade) for a 2nd rounder. Not too bad if it ends up like this.

Originally posted by TonyStrong
Does this mean where keeping Griese??? Please tell me no

i don't think an injury prone, drunk statue has a whole lot of trade value. he's as good as gone on march 1st.

It has been on WFAN in NYC for weeks that Parcells really likes and wants Fiedler in Dallas...

I'd be glad to have any pick that any team give us as low as it might be. Any drafted player can turn into a fine player. We took Clayton in the 9th round and Jeff Cross in the 8th when there's used to be 12 rounds. It doesn't happen all the time, but it can happen.

Ozzy rules!!

Too bad Snyder already nabbed Brunell or we could've got a 2nd or 3rd rounder and Jay could get a big money contract. :lol: :jk:

Jay Fiedler to talk with other teams.

This may be old news to everybody I just signed on. But the dolphins gave Fiedler permission today to talk with other teams. Looks like Fiedler is gone.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom