Merged: Ethan says "Jay should start" because.../I have an answer! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ethan says "Jay should start" because.../I have an answer!

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Damn, When i first saw this thread, I thought you meant that I said that Jay should start...

I was getting a bit concerned for a second there. I'm a patriots fan for the record (as most of you know).

Anyways, it's way too early for you guys to get concerned. You still have most of the pieces in place. Besides, it's better to sort stuff out in november and then peak in december/january.

I think you guys will be okay. The Patriots own the colts though, but that doesn't really matter as we haven't faced them in the Dungy era.

good luck

AIM: edentWork

if anyone wants to talk football

Originally posted by ethand420
[B The Patriots own the colts though, but that doesn't really matter as we haven't faced them in the Dungy era.[/B]
te Phins owned Manning and the Colts too, but somebody forgot to tell Freeney that ;) :(

Originally posted by ethand420

Anyways, it's way too early for you guys to get concerned. You still have most of the pieces in place. Besides, it's better to sort stuff out in november and then peak in december/january.

I think you guys will be okay. The Patriots own the colts though, but that doesn't really matter as we haven't faced them in the Dungy era.

good luck

AIM: edentWork

if anyone wants to talk football

Concern is one thing.....saying, the entire orginization, from top to bottom sucks, is completely unrealistic over reactionary garbage.....yes, I know you didn't say that but, there are those on this board that have and I just wanted to point out that even a fan of ANOTHER team has more respect for this one than some of the so called fans we have.

Thanks and sorry to use you like that. ;)

Griese was great yesterday, in fact the lone bright spot in the game! His pass to McMichael for 40+ yards was a thing of beauty, something we've never seen from Jay. With Ricky only getting 36 yards and Griese getting NO time to do anything, it is clear that the offensive line is pathetic, and our biggest problem. Don't blame this one on Griese...he did everything anyone could want. Blame both of those fumbles on the line, and our idiot coaching staff who didn't adjust with more blocking.

The Fins played well yesterday, but were facing an excellent opponent playing with great confidence. I'm certainly not wishing you good luck but the only thing I would be concerned with is Norv Turner falling in love with the passing game and forgetting what wins for you. Because if that happens you'd be better off with Jay even if he's a worse passer.

I have an answer!

Of course, this answer is predicated on only the last two games. But, my opinion is that Griese will not be able to be effective with this o-line. He has hit open targets when he was able to set his feet. But, the colts were averaging only 2 sacks a game and a 64.6 comp% against. If he feels that pressure from the colts, (5 sacks and an intentional grounding) he's going to be in trouble against the better pass rushing teams in this league. I also don't think that this year's Fiedler is the answer. I think if the Fiedler that played the first six games of last year showed up, then that would be your answer.

Now, please ridicule me at will.

Originally posted by AndyM
Griese was great yesterday, in fact the lone bright spot in the game! His pass to McMichael for 40+ yards was a thing of beauty, something we've never seen from Jay. With Ricky only getting 36 yards and Griese getting NO time to do anything, it is clear that the offensive line is pathetic, and our biggest problem. Don't blame this one on Griese...he did everything anyone could want. Blame both of those fumbles on the line, and our idiot coaching staff who didn't adjust with more blocking.

:welcome: a-board AndyM

I actually agree w/you and not Ethan (m/b Brian Levy's cousin ;) )

Griese is a far better passer and worth having in there even if it means a sack or two extra. Wise and Co need to figure out some more max protect schemes for him; and he does need to find a way to not F

I have an answer: put Wanny in at QB for a couple series, then he will know firsthand why it was so incredibly stupid to neglect our offensive line this last offseason.

the article has legitimate points. There are a lot of guys in this league with golden arms, jeff george comes to mind. but, just like rob johnson has shown, the qb has to do more than just be able to throw the ball. 5 sacks and an intentional grounding in one game might have something to do with the qb. furthermore, i believe that griese will become very gun shy and will start to make more and more mistakes the more he is hit.

The one thing I give Griese is that he had 0 time to do anything...He was not pulling a Ken O'Brien w/the ball and reading the newspaper back there. He was getting hit before the WR were even 3-4 yards down the field

it's the same thing fiedler has dealt with all year. the question you have to ask yourself is which qb is best for this team at this time. I think the answer will end up being fiedler. Let's see what happens next week.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
it's the same thing fiedler has dealt with all year. the question you have to ask yourself is which qb is best for this team at this time. I think the answer will end up being fiedler.

No, that is doubtful. The answer may not be Griese either, but it is most certainly not Fiedler. If Griese proves to be ineffective (which hasn't happened yet), the answer is to get an effective QB in the offseason.

i think fiedler has more escapability than most people gave him credit for and i think having griese play behind the same o-line could prove that.

Back
Top Bottom