Merged: Fiedler to Stay, No Paycut? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fiedler to Stay, No Paycut?

If Jay collects his full 5.7 mill he is scheduled to make this season we have the worst coach and front office in the NFL. To pay a QB that you have 99% for sure replaced as your starter 6 mill to sit on the bench is moronic. To pay a QB who has a career passing rating of 72 6 million dollars is moronic. To pay a QB 6 million dollars that has thrown 3 more tds than ints in his career is moronic. I could maybe justify it if he was 26, and showed promise, but he is over 32 amd hasn't played a complete season in the past 2 years. If he stays for about 2 mill it would be a good move, anything more and the Dolphin front office is a joke.

In alot of ways, we are rebuilding, not retooling. to have jay this year competeing, it gives us one less thing to worry about. jay is really a decent QB, but he would be better as a backup and knowing this team already is a plus any way you shake it. Next year though, you can bet we will get a QB in FA again. That is unless Feeley makes a splash and JF likes him yadda yadda yadda and we go to the dance, then it is proven it worked. that is a big if though.

I dont know about it being a trade set up. If we are not drafting a QB and cant afford another QB in FA, then why not jay stay with a different contract? you tear up the old one and have diffenerent incentives. But the 2 mil bonus is until june 1 right? we have plenty of time to deal with that. But whatever "trade that would be set, means JF is going to be a backup somewhere else. the reality in jays mind could be why not just be a backup in Miami where i like it here (even with dips#$! fans) and compete. Wanny is still here, he had a nice conversation with him and he actually may end up likeing AJ becuase they have similar backgrounds coming in as underdogs.

If another team had interest in making a trade with us for him, you would have heard something in the media already, trust me.

Now that doest mean Spielman may look to trade JF and he doesnt have a suitor yet.

and another thing, you redo his contract so that he still makes the same but it is more cap friendly this year.

Whatever we hear right now regarding Fiedler in the media is speculation. Bottom line is he will either be gone or making alot less money.

I hope...

The salary is something I didn't understand in the article. Either the writer wanted it to look better than it actually was or he was just ignorant of the bonus.

Either way Fiedler's salary isn't cap friendly.

I HOPE THIS IS A JOKE THE FO MUST STILL BE RAN BY WANNE

Last edited by a moderator:
CLUMP WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE HAVE A TRADE FOR FIEDLER WHO WOULD TAKE HIM?

Why are wasting money trying to keep someone who will not play. We must cut ties now and spend that money on free agency.
I know they want someone w/ experience to back Feeley but not at that price

I believe the Dolphins may have plans to quietly reduce his salary sometime in the near future. The plan maybe to enter the season with two "capable" QB's at a restricted price similar to last year. Combined the two (Feeley and Fiedler) may add up to the average of the top 10 starters salaries in the league.

I believe the team is trying to upgrade (Griese ->Feeley) but looking at it in a realistic view they just can't see giving up a guy who can win, knows their system, and may play "on the cheap".

Of course that all depends on the "quiet paycut" scenario. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom