Merged: Fins Interested in Trio of Rams..../Free Agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins Interested in Trio of Rams..../Free Agents

MiamiFan1354

Clumpys #1 Fan
Reaction score
Fins Interested in Trio of Rams....

This is from Profootballtalk so take it with a grain of salt but they are sayin we are lookin at DE's Wistrom and Young in FA and QB Warner in a trade. It also says that this Feeley talk could just be 'nothing more than an effort to squeeze the Rams into more realistic expectations'

Link

Also says with all this interest on DE, we are more likely to let Ogun walk..

If we are really after Warner, then there's a pretty big chance we're still going after Henson or Rivers.

But my guess is, it's all a bunch of BS.

What's up with Wistrom?? He used to be a pretty good pass rusher. And if I'm not mistaken, he's still a good run defender. He's still only 27. Did his play fall off that much last year??

Originally posted by Muck
What's up with Wistrom?? He used to be a pretty good pass rusher. And if I'm not mistaken, he's still a good run defender. He's still only 27. Did his play fall off that much last year??

I don't think there's anything wrong with Wistrom, more likely, it's the fact that the Rams will be committing a huge amount of cap money to Orlando Pace, and possibly to Marc Bulger and Adam Timmerman as well. Thus, some cuts will be forced. And given that it's the Rams, you KNOW they'll slash the defense to the bone before making a cut on offense.

Originally posted by Lukin
If we are really after Warner, then there's a pretty big chance we're still going after Henson or Rivers.

But my guess is, it's all a bunch of BS.

Denial ain't a river in Egypt, friends. ;)

Not trying to pick on Lukin here (who is probably right on the money with his analysis), rather the general feeling that we're getting Henson or Rivers. AJ Feeley is going to be under center next year. It's time to give up on the Henson/Rivers pipedream, because like it or lump it, Feeley is our guy. A veteran backup will probably be brought in, and that rules out Rivers.

Sorry Rivers fans, but if you want to pursue a pipedream, start hoping for TO. That has a better chance of happening.

I can't begin to understand why people believe ANYTHING that Pro Football Talk say. The Feeley deal is a done deal. Warner isn't coming to Miami. Neither is Philip Rivers. Grant Wistrom is a Pro Bowl player we couldn't afford and who the Rams are close to signing. He is one of the best run stopping ends in the league and becaue of that, he gets less press than say a Leonard Little who has all the sacks. But Wistrom is just as valuable. Young would be a nice signing, a Spielman type signing, but I think Otis Grigsby could end up starting opposite Jason Taylor. I am under no illusion that Ogunleye will be gone. It will possibly even be a draft day deal, where we sign him and then deal him, possibly to Seattle or Philly.

"What's up with Wistrom?? He used to be a pretty good pass rusher. And if I'm not mistaken, he's still a good run defender. He's still only 27. Did his play fall off that much last year??"

for what its worth, he was on my fantasy team this past seasont, and our league gives points for tackles, assists, sacks, INTs, passes defended (basicly anything they give as a stat in NFL.com gamebooks). the first half of last season Wistrom did nothing. there were a couple games where he did nothing to show up in the NFL.com gamebook statistics at all. he was listed in the starting lineup, i saw him in the game (sunday ticket) but he was a nonfactor.
he came on a bit more in the 2nd half of the season, but was inconsistent statistically. and yes i realize that there are things players do to hepl the team that do not show up in the stats.

I agree on most of this.

PFT is manure.

Feeley is coming.

But I wouldn't rule our Rivers. Miami will need a back-up still and it makes sense to get one for the future.

But the more likely scenario is that they draft a QB later like Jeff Smoker or Matt Mauck.

But I think Rivers would be brilliant.

One for the future??????????? Feeley is the one for the future. He's 26. We just spent a 2nd round pick on him. This is the future, get used to it.

Originally posted by Boomer
One for the future??????????? Feeley is the one for the future. He's 26. We just spent a 2nd round pick on him. This is the future, get used to it.

You have to remember one thing and that is you cant rule out anything with the Fins mgmt. team!

Regardless of that, the only way I see us drafting Rivers or Losman is if we get the additonal 1st round pick for O-Gun. If we do I could see them following the mantra of taking the best player available regardless of position.
If we only have our original #1 pick then it would be crazy to use it on a QB.

If there indeed is an out clause built into Feeleys contract where we could drop him after 2 years and we get another 1st rounder for Ogun, I definitely see them taking a QB in the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom