Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals

Green Phin

Starter
Reaction score
AS per PFT " A week into free agency, cornerback Bryant McFadden still doesn’t have a new home. Per a league source, McFadden hopes to make a decision soon.
Four teams are in the running: the Steelers, Cardinals, Dolphins, and Eagles.
McFadden, a four-year veteran, appeared in ten regular-season games and started eight of them in 2008. He also started all three postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIII."

I think he would be a good signing, although I'd prefer Bodden. :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not going to pay him, I think he ends up with the steelers

Not a good signing, a GREAT signing. Considering we are over a week into FA, he wont get near the $6 million he was originally looking for.

I'm not that confident he chooses the Dolphins, simply because our FO doesnt strike me as the type to outbid others. Also, if the money is remotely similar, I have a feeling he will stay with the winning organization he knows well and re-sign with Pittsburgh. Then again, I believe he is a Miami kid, so maybe he wants to come home.

I'm hopeful, but for some reason, I dont believe he will ultimately choose the Dolphins. :lol: Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.

Dolphins one of Four Teams in the Running for McFadden

per PFT

I take either, we need to sign someone quick, i think their the best 2 corners avaliable, besides Chris McAllister, and we do need a veteran WR either Harrison or TO or Bobby Engram or Joey Galloway.

I take either, we need to sign someone quick, i think their the best 2 corners avaliable, besides Chris McAllister, and we do need a veteran WR either Harrison or TO or Bobby Engram or Joey Galloway.

Joey Galloway got signed by the Pats.

what relationship does McFadden and Peezy have?

perhaps Joey can recruit him

you can count the Iggles out as they are paying Sheldon Brown AND Asante Samuels good money and gave Josalio Hansen a decent contract to be a nickleback.

Cards are an option because of the Stiller connection and they DO have the capspace. He just beat them in the Super Bowl, so he knows they're close. But can they make another run like that?

He's happy in Pittsburgh, he won two Super Bowls with them. He'd gladly go back, but he just wants to get the best deal for him and his family (this will be his first/only chance to get a big deal)

He's from Florida, going to the Fins to build a winner is very tempting.

I know the Stillers offered him a 5 year deal that he likes, but he thinks he can get more. I'd love to have him here. He's developed into a very good CB and the Steelers are better with him in the line up. He'll never get the credit he deserves in Pittsburgh (same with Ike Taylor) because of Hampton, Farrior,Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley, and Smith (all but one are pro bowlers, and Woodley will be a pro bowler). Miami/Arizona could be a step in McFadden going from solid starter to pro bowl player. Dre Bly, Ken Lucas, and Al Harris made similar jumps after leaving their original teams.

Though as much as I want him in Miami, if I'm him I stay with the Steelers. Why ruin a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom