Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals

They have been linked to Corners since the beginning of FA. I think they tought Goodman was gonna sign and when he did not they have move to plan B which was upgrading Corner through FA. Booden was the first guy rumored to have interest by the Fins, by Salguero, then we heard Jabari Greer and after Drayton Florence who they were suppose to sign before he signed with the Bills. The article talked about them being interested in Mcfadden, but being he has had such a hard time signing you could say his price has gone down and maybe now we can make a play for him.

McFadden would probably become our #1 CB of signed and so would Bodden. It's not like Will Allen is great

DE everyone underestimates Allen, the guy is coming of his best season as a Fin and had one heck of a year. This secondary has the ability of being real good if Miami signs Mcfadden, think about it Wilson, Bell, Mcfadden and Allen. Jones showed some real serious playmaking abilities and remind me of a young hungry Yeremiah Bell with his Blitzing ability aquiring sacks and Ints.

Look no offense the Big O said the same thing, but they are just assuming. Nobody knows what is going on in Miami. Parcells is being super Hush Hush. Look at our signings Wilson nobody knew about him signing or visiting till days after. Jake Grove was on overnight thing and the visit was announce hours before he agreed. Bell, Crowder and Carey were gonna hit FA. The only person we knew was coming and was not leaving was Berger.

I think we can snag Mcfadden, he has the best chance to start here and be part of the makings of a real good secondary. The addition of Wilson is gonna really help and Will is not a bad player and this year had his best year as a Fin, plus he is entering a contract year. Jones really turned it up in the second half when they plugged him at Nickle and addition like Mcfadden could really make this secondary great.

Great News.

Look no offense, but Jimmy Cefalo has more insight to what the Dolphins are doing than any of us. I'm not saying he is right or knows exactly what the Dolphins have planned. I was just passing along what I heard on Fins TV. The reason I mentioned Cefalos comment was to support the theory we may infact have a good chance to land McFadden.

Nobody has paid McFadden because he isn't a great corner. Playing for the Steelers with Harrison and Woodley getting to the the QB all game is way different than playing corner for us and our severely lacking pass rush. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he is not the massive upgrade over Goodman everyone seems to think.

DE everyone underestimates Allen, the guy is coming of his best season as a Fin and had one heck of a year. This secondary has the ability of being real good if Miami signs Mcfadden, think about it Wilson, Bell, Mcfadden and Allen. Jones showed some real serious playmaking abilities and remind me of a young hungry Yeremiah Bell with his Blitzing ability aquiring sacks and Ints.

Yeah, Allen is a player. He was very good with the Giants. I watched most of their games back when he was over there.

He's just got butter fingers. If he could just catch better he would get the recognition that he is due.

i've been lobbying for this move all along. i just wonder what is taking so long for mcfadden to be signed. pittsburgh knows him better than anyone, why aren't they setting a bar. i don't see him getting a clements type contract in south florida though. i could be wrong, but i do know that the general and ireland will aquire what fits best. they are all about what fits the sceme. as far as bodden i don't know much about him. journeyman CB's comming from bad teams never really works for whatever reason, ex. dre' bly.

Salguero from the Herald speculates that PFT knows this via Drew Rosenhaus, McFaddens agent..

Assuming website boss Mike Florio didn't pick up this item from a comments section of some blog and post it as news -- as we have seen him do before, only to be duped by an imposter's skullduggery -- the report is believable for a couple of reasons.
Florio is stating he's getting the information, "per a league source," which translates to, "This from an agent buddy." Now, everyone in the NFL knows one of the handful of agents how regularly feeds Florio news is Drew Rosenhaus.
Rosenhaus happens to represent McFadden.
Connect the dots and voila.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/03/bryant-mcfadden-on-dolphins-radar.html

I still want Bodden, but I trust Tuna and company if they decide to sign McFadden. All I know is that we need some CB help bad

Nobody has paid McFadden because he isn't a great corner. Playing for the Steelers with Harrison and Woodley getting to the the QB all game is way different than playing corner for us and our severely lacking pass rush. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he is not the massive upgrade over Goodman everyone seems to think.

actually, people aren't offering him what he wants because he's only played 16 games once; his 2nd year. Otherwise, his regular seasons have been 12,13, and 10. PLus, he's only started 18 games

When he plays, he's very physical and was arguably Pitt's best CB even above Ike Taylor, but a lot of teams aren't gonna shill out top dollar for somebody that hasn't been healthy.

Plus, who knows how he'd mesh with our coaching staff. The consensus when we signed Goodman was that we'd be in a lot of trouble if he started for us, but he was pretty good. Will Allen was thought of as a decent number 2 in NY, but has played the best football of his career in Miami. People thought that Dre Bly was a stupid signing for Detroit but he was a top 10 CB with the Lions. At the same time, some people fall flat on their face (Hugh Douglas in Jacksonville, DeAngelo Hall in Oakland).

Back
Top Bottom