MERGED: First round of cuts... / Phins Waive Nine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: First round of cuts... / Phins Waive Nine

Yeah terrance leftwich and byron leftwich are cousins. They were spotted together for a good part of the time when everyone met in the middle of the field during the Jags preseason game.

Cedric Donaldson surprises me he was cut so early, but he wasn't gonna beat Omare Lowe let alone Alphonso Roundtree.

I wonder if Jimmy Fryzel was cut so quick as part of any plan to try and get him onto the practice squad. Seaverns was let go real quick if you remember, cuz the coaches figured another team was gonna take a look at him but they figured he wasn't ready to catch on or look better than someone a team already has in camp. If I remember right, that worked cuz Indy took him off waivers, got a look at him, and he ended up on their final cuts. If a guy we want to keep on our psquad is part of our final cuts, if a team takes them, they probably keep them because there's no time to let them compete with an incumbent.

Originally posted by Prime Time
No no, Tolverhas the best set of hands on the team, besides OG.

Ive watched the guy play prior to camp at college....he has incredible hands, u cant really say that Tolver has better hands because he got more looks than Fryzel, which is fair, since he was drafted and fryzel was not, and since there is more to being a WR than having soft hands, such as seperation, being tall, and having some mass....Fryzel had none of those things, as he stood only 5'11'' 180 lbs....so he really didnt have much of a chance, i wish himthe best of luck...

Can cut players be signed to the practice squad? Or do they make the team AS a practice squad player?

signed to squad after they clear waivers...if nobody claims him off waivers, phins can 'sign' fryzel the psquad

Back
Top Bottom