Merged: Fletcher and Dixon Get The Axe | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fletcher and Dixon Get The Axe

Unfortunately we won't be getting much salary cap help with either...cap savings for Dixon gets us around $250,000 and Fletcher a big fat zero. But I have to agree that Fletcher has to go, he was a waste of a roster spot last year & hasn't showed any improvement since we drafted him.
Dixon was just never healthy the last 2-3 years...to bad because he was a good player before all the injuries piled up.

Originally posted by finregime
I dont know if you saw that week 5 OT loss to the pats but who do you think was being burned by old and hurt troy brown to end that game.

It wasnt Marion getting Burned it was Madison

Originally posted by Jaj
No he was a bust I think. He was supposed to go mid 1st and then in the week before the draft started a real bad slide.

I was kidding bro. :tongue:

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
This is what this team needs. No more nice guys at the top. Nice guys don't win championships. Maybe now everyone will play with a sense of urgency.

this is what new england has been doing. replacing pro bowlers with either rookies or other pro bowlers who dont cost as much. we just need to do more of it this year cus we have alot of dead cap. got to be done. has to be done. madison is now the only one left of the starters that needs to restructure (JT too but he is not that overpaid IMO).

Originally posted by FinFan72

It wasnt Marion getting Burned it was Madison

they both were and you could even add Knight to the mix but he gets one more year to prove himself or he will be the next in line. Knight wasnt as obvious.

Originally posted by xiidaen
Hmm, I understand what you are saying, but if we're promoting backups, we at least need new backups.

We've released, on the o-line:

Perry (starter)
Ruddy (starter)
Dixon (backup, but we didn't plan it that way)
and rumor is Nails will aslo go (starter)

If you think McKinny is the answer at Center (and he might be) we need a backup there. McKinny was also backup at guard positions, so we need to cover that as well. Last year inconsistant play on the o-line wasn't the only problem, so were injuries and missed playing time - quality backups will be crucial.

I think that is why woody is what they are looking at cus he plays C/G as well. they could rotate if need be.

Originally posted by phunwin
By the way, I'll add my voice to the masses that are totally on board with Spielman's cuts right now. He's getting rid of all the right people. All we've got to do is trade Jay for a pick and we'll be in great shape.

Fiedler will be a dolphin. mark my words. sorry.

but heres why: JF is quickly going to find out that teams want him as a back up too and are willing to wait until june 1st. so jay is going to follow the footsteps of Brian Griese? I think spielman has put jay in his corner and he may want him back at the right price.

contrary to all of you jayblamers out there, he was not the reason we didnt go to the playoffs. blame that on mare and the defense and coaching.
plus, we have no real experienced backup let alone starter so........doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure out we are taking a WR in the draft and no qb will be available with experience unless you looking at "slash".:lol:

Back
Top Bottom