Merged: Fletcher and Dixon Get The Axe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fletcher and Dixon Get The Axe

Wish we could have gotten something for Fletcher. It is to bad we couldn't get a 6 or 7 for him.

As for Dix, I wouldn't mind bringing him back at a lower salary to backup the starters. He is good when healthy.

Every one of those cuts are cuts that I'd have made too.We had to get under the cap and I feel that he's gotten rid of the right players.Fletcher in round one? Nice move Wanny, glad you're not in charge anymore!!

Ozzy rules!!

Well, yeah, he's CUTTING the right people. Putting an upgrade in their stead is the difficult part.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It's really sad to hear that the Jamar Fletcher era is over. :cry:

:)

You know what bugs me more than anything about Fletcher? In college, Fletcher was an AWESOME kick returner (kickoffs and punts). I don't know if he had the chance in training camp to do that and flopped, or if he never got the shot. Either way, I could have lived with us using a first round pick on the next Brian Mitchell or Mel Gray, even if Fletcher was a total bust at corner.

By the way, I'll add my voice to the masses that are totally on board with Spielman's cuts right now. He's getting rid of all the right people. All we've got to do is trade Jay for a pick and we'll be in great shape.

Well, I like this as far as most of these people were ready to be replaced ( not sold on Marion). But like someone else said. We have NO depth right now and our O-line is McKinney and Smith. Spielman is making some bold movesI hope he has got a game plan for free agency because if we get spurned there, we are going to be in a bad bad spot.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
This is what this team needs. No more nice guys at the top. Nice guys don't win championships. Maybe now everyone will play with a sense of urgency.

My thoughts exactly!! Good job Spielman. So far, all the right moves are being made.

I didnt review the one about nice guys but I agree that alot of our core seem to have no urgency and one that stands out is Madison.He'll get beat on a play and get a face mask call or will be laughing.I HATE THAT S$#%!

Originally posted by Samphin
Well, I like this as far as most of these people were ready to be replaced ( not sold on Marion). But like someone else said. We have NO depth right now and our O-line is McKinney and Smith. Spielman is making some bold movesI hope he has got a game plan for free agency because if we get spurned there, we are going to be in a bad bad spot.

All I know is free agency isn't here yet. This is a good first step. I am going to enjoy this.....

CUT EM!!!!! CUT EM ALLL!!!!!

Great job RICK, I guess this answers who is in charge...

Re: Re: Fletcher and Dixon Get The Axe

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Finally we can call Fletcher what it was obvious he was from the start......

BUST!

He wasn't a bust. He was just a guy who we overvalued, drafted too high, and who's ability we overrated. :D

No he was a bust I think. He was supposed to go mid 1st and then in the week before the draft started a real bad slide.

Originally posted by finregime
I didnt review the one about nice guys but I agree that alot of our core seem to have no urgency and one that stands out is Madison.He'll get beat on a play and get a face mask call or will be laughing.I HATE THAT S$#%!

You said it! I feel the exact same way! You don't know how many times I see a flag after the play is over, and say Madison's name in my head, right before the refs call him for it. I don't even know what is happening, but I know any flag after the play is over is Madison. Then he starts clapping and laughing. I wish just once Wanny would grab him by the facemask and chew him out.

Back
Top Bottom