Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade.

Bly is a corner not a safety and if we can have him for a 4th than it is an absolute steal. he is a solid #1 corner which we need, he is still young and you can't draft anybody who will be better than him in the 4th round. you have to try and get him for a 4th if you can

4th rounder IS an absolute steal for Bly, that's just like saying the chargers will trade tomlinson for a 2nd round pick....

I get tired when every free agent that comes down the road is met by many members here as "the second comming of Christ"
LETS GET HIM ,LETS TRADE AWAY OUR FUTURE,LETS THROW TONS OF MONEY AT THEM...

New England and Buffalo have twice the cap money as we do and the Jets have over 20 million and there teams are going in the right direction versus the Dolphins with our 13 million and half the team unsigned....yet people want us to sign every big name free agent?????????
I hear ya bro. I think a lot of fans get a little looney during the off-season. Must be some sort of withdrawal symptom. When the Giants released Arrington the other day, posts were popping up all over the board suggesting we should him up.
:shakeno:

THE BLY SITUATION: Though the Lions have given Bly's agent permission to shop him, that doesn't mean Bly barged into Matt Millen's office and demanded to leave. This is a mutual thing.

Bly has taken a lot of heat publicly for calling out quarterback Joey Harrington in 2005, but his attitude isn't the problem. He was named a captain before last season.

The problem is he doesn't fit the Tampa Two defense. He is a cover corner suited for man-to-man. This defense asks him to play zone and stuff the run.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, the Lions get for him. They were able to get a draft pick from Miami for Harrington last year even though everyone knew they were going to release him.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070215/SPORTS01/702150367/1049/SPORTS

Does Capers play alot of zone or man to man?

man to man. With how many blitz packages his defenses use (though most of them weren't successfull for our Safeties or LBs) it would be suicide to play zone. That's why Allen and Goodman gave up so many big plays this year, our blitz packages sucked (though most of those were Saban's blitz packages, after seeing a lot of Capers defenses we did not really run his D last year)

man to man. With how many blitz packages his defenses use (though most of them weren't successfull for our Safeties or LBs) it would be suicide to play zone. That's why Allen and Goodman gave up so many big plays this year, our blitz packages sucked (though most of those were Saban's blitz packages, after seeing a lot of Capers defenses we did not really run his D last year)

So basically Dre Bly would fit in our 3-4 hybrid defensive system.

well

nice too see bly and harrington together

Well thats the reason I don´t like him...he talk bad about J Harrignton, he was his teammatte, and put all trhe blame in Joey, I think that things should saty in the lockers, you shouldnt say that things on public.....

agree...

I think he went a little further than criticize Harrington. He basically said that he was singled-handedly responsible for the team's failures and that if anyone else had been the quarterback then Steve Mariucci would not have been fired. AND HE DID THIS WHEN HARRINGTON WAS STILL ON THE TEAM. I don't think I've ever heard one teamate stab another in the back quite like that while still being teammates. Not only is he a clubhouse cancer, but he is starting to get old for a cornerback. Remember how quickly Madison kind of fell apart when he lost a step? Thats bound to happen to Bly soon. Plus we'd have to give up even more picks. I'll pass.

I completly agree with you!

Back
Top Bottom