Merged: Goldberg - "Fins are talking to Steussie." / McIntosh Ready for Camp | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Goldberg - "Fins are talking to Steussie." / McIntosh Ready for Camp

Could Smith go back to TE, the position he played in school for I believe two yrs ?

Originally, I believe the idea was to give Wade Smith a few years to develop because he hadn't played tackle for very long in college(only a year I believe). The only reason he started last year was becasue we had no other options then to play him. Now that we have the opportunity to get a starting caliber LT, why not? Let Smith hit the weight room and let a vet play for a year or two until Smith is bigger. He'll have the experience and I believe he'll be a solid LT for us.

Justasportsfan .........

Was that Peyton or Eli ? :jk:

Seriously though , we went 10 and 6 lastyear with some glaring weaknesses....

Not saying we will win the Super Bowl , but even a rival would have to say the off season is unfolding in a positive way for Miami , don't you think?:drinkers:

Whoever said Smith was one of the worst tackles, in my opinion, has NEVER watched football.

He oozes potential and played well last year, a year in which by all rights he should have been on the Bench.

Single handedly lost the Colts game? That comment alone tells it all!

I dunno, I was watching some video highlights on Jeno James, and it looked like he had to help out the LT quite a bit in different games. If that LT was STeussie, I am not sure I want him trolling around. Plus he doesn't fit in with my Youth Movement Plans! :lol:

I don't understand how Wade Smith can be singled out for losing the Colts game. QBs will have to take a sack now and then. When they do, it becomes their job to hold on to the football. That particular play, RW was assigned to help block Freeney and he didn't. I would call it a concerted effort. However, it also seems unfair to blame the loss on one play. Why weren't we up 2 TDs, already? The Colts D was weak last year. Sorry but IMO it's incorrect to say Smith singlehandedly lost that game.
As for comments regarding Stussie needing help blocking; some blocking schemes call for a G or C to (pull) and help against a pass rush

:smackhead...Not the old Wade-Smith-made-several-all-rookie-teams argument!!.....:tongue:

I don't like the Steussie idea. We will be competing with the Raiders for most penalized team if we take Todd "False Start" Steussie on.

Anyone want to check stats inc for his penalities last year? I just know that PFT nicknamed him that and Carolina fans were not impressed with his penalties.

yep, 31 false starts in 4 years... in fact every year hes played(except is 2nd) hes had 5 or more false starts

Our O line had plenty of false starts the last couple years, so it can't get any worse.
Me, I hope to hell they do bring in Steussie. We need some freaking DEPTH at O line.

i dont know enough about steussie, but i do want a quality starting tackle not named John St. Clair, so help me out guys...
why is he so highly regarded, meaning steussie.
He takes a TON of false start penalties and allowed 18 sacks(for -136 yards) in the past two years for a very run oriented panthers team.

322 penalty yards in the past four years

like i said i dont know much about him, heard jeno had to help him out a lot last year and i know stats can be misleading so help me out here. Is he good enough to be our one year stop gap and why?

Back
Top Bottom