MERGED:Good God...LIGHTEN UP\what is ya'lls problem? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Good God...LIGHTEN UP\what is ya'lls problem?

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
Good God...LIGHTEN UP.

[RANT] Aright - I don't do this very often (and I don't think I've ever done it in this forum) - but here's my tirade. The haters REALLY need to calm down a bit. For those of you who are doing any of the following:

a) Depressed to the point where you're ready to jump ship

b) Declaring the Saban era a failure

c) Saying all hope is lost for the future

...you need to calm down. Did any of you REALLY think what was wrong with this team was going to be fixed in SIX GAMES?

Personally? I'm happy with what's going on. Why? I'll tell you (and somewhere there's another post I made last year sayiong something similar):

This organization was consistently good throughout the 80s and 90s...and even the beginning of this decade. A couple years, it was great. The Dolphins had the best winning percentage in SPORTS HISTORY for awhile. We made the playoffs a lot, and Marino gave us some fantastic times. With a few breaks here and there, he would have had another shot at a ring. After that, the Fins were *still* good for a couple years. We re-tooled. We fixed problems. We were always COMPETETIVE, always dangerous. This team was still GOOD. But...

How many championships do you remember?

Me either.

Remember when the Patriots and the Cowboys and Tampa Bay were absolutely pathetic? Me too. How about when Marino hung about ten kajillion yard on the Rams that one time? Me too. Remember up until sometime in the 90s...the Packers had NEVER beaten the Dolphins? They were pretty bad, too.

They all rebuilt. They all tore everything down and built it back up...and won championships. That's what I want.

So...any of you who are actually saying "I give up on this team" - hand in your jerseys...because it just might get worse before it gets better...and I'm ready for it, because there were a LOT of things on this team that were broken, and they're not all going to be fixed in six games, or in one season.

If you can hang, there WILL be a payoff. If not, you're clearly not willing to pay the price that comes with fixing a broken team, and you were obviously spoiled with years of being "pretty darned good."

As for me, I'm tired of being good, but not good enough. 9-7 and 10-6 just doesn't cut it for me. I've said for nearly ten years that this team needs a rebuilding period, and now it has one. I'm willing to take a few years of sub-.500 ball to get the trophy. When it pays off, I'll be there, screaming my orange and turquoise-painted head off. Hope you're all there with me.

[/RANT]

I'm with you, too many other Fans are way too impatient.

The Goat said:
[RANT] Aright - I don't do this very often (and I don't think I've ever done it in this forum) - but here's my tirade. The haters REALLY need to calm down a bit. For those of you who are doing any of the following:

a) Depressed to the point where you're ready to jump ship

b) Declaring the Saban era a failure

c) Saying all hope is lost for the future

...you need to calm down. Did any of you REALLY think what was wrong with this team was going to be fixed in SIX GAMES?

Personally? I'm happy with what's going on. Why? I'll tell you (and somewhere there's another post I made last year sayiong something similar):

This organization was consistently good throughout the 80s and 90s...and even the beginning of this decade. A couple years, it was great. The Dolphins had the best winning percentage in SPORTS HISTORY for awhile. We made the playoffs a lot, and Marino gave us some fantastic times. With a few breaks here and there, he would have had another shot at a ring. After that, the Fins were *still* good for a couple years. We re-tooled. We fixed problems. We were always COMPETETIVE, always dangerous. This team was still GOOD. But...

How many championships do you remember?

Me either.

Remember when the Patriots and the Cowboys and Tampa Bay were absolutely pathetic? Me too. How about when Marino hung about ten kajillion yard on the Rams that one time? Me too. Remember up until sometime in the 90s...the Packers had NEVER beaten the Dolphins? They were pretty bad, too.

They all rebuilt. They all tore everything down and built it back up...and won championships. That's what I want.

So...any of you who are actually saying "I give up on this team" - hand in your jerseys...because it just might get worse before it gets better...and I'm ready for it, because there were a LOT of things on this team that were broken, and they're not all going to be fixed in six games, or in one season.

If you can hang, there WILL be a payoff. If not, you're clearly not willing to pay the price that comes with fixing a broken team, and you were obviously spoiled with years of being "pretty darned good."

As for me, I'm tired of being good, but not good enough. 9-7 and 10-6 just doesn't cut it for me. I've said for nearly ten years that this team needs a rebuilding period, and now it has one. I'm willing to take a few years of sub-.500 ball to get the trophy. When it pays off, I'll be there, screaming my orange and turquoise-painted head off. Hope you're all there with me.

[/RANT]

This is the second rebuilding in recent years, including Jimmy. I sure hope they get it right this time.

i am on board as well. I think we have the most pathetic fans on the face of the earth. Saban did not come into this thing saying anything more than this is a work in progress. He has been very consistant about that.

I think Saban will make some moves, not that it will fix things right away, but he will slowly turn it around. He is feeling out the NFL this year and getting some film to watch next year, and using alot of one year contracts to get bye while he builds his team with his guys. He has to rebuild a team from scratch basically, minus guys like Zach and JT and Kevin Carter. You are going to see more of the young ones in these coming games.

I totally agree...this happens to be our time to get better. Dolphin fans have been spoilt for the last 20 years,that's why we are having a hard time understanding this period.

finfan54 said:
i am on board as well. I think we have the most pathetic fans on the face of the earth. Saban did not come into this thing saying anything more than this is a work in progress. He has been very consistant about that.

I think Saban will make some moves, not that it will fix things right away, but he will slowly turn it around. He is feeling out the NFL this year and getting some film to watch next year, and using alot of one year contracts to get bye while he builds his team with his guys. He has to rebuild a team from scratch basically, minus guys like Zach and JT and Kevin Carter. You are going to see more of the young ones in these coming games.

You are being too kind, the crying and the complaining is getting so old.

What are first year head coaches doing at this point, let's take a look over at the 9ers (1-5) or how about over at the Browns (2-4)

This is a rebuilding year in which nick is trying to evaluate all the old crap that was left here from Wannsmuck.

Those who complain about this year are beyond pathetic and if you want Wannsmuck back then go root for Pittsburgh.

You see what he is doing there well he did that here and had over 5 years of it.

Keep that in mind.

great post....not only were we 4-12 people, but we were a bad 4-12. Last year was terrible for me because i saw no hope. no light at the end of the tunnel. This year...well...i still hate losing...but i feel like Saban is going to do this the right way and rebuild this franchise back to glory. We have had a lot of years of being mediocre and making the playoffs but never really threatening. I for one think we will get it right this time but it will take 2 or 3 years. There were so many holes on this team...to expect Saban to turn it around in one offseason and 6 games is ridiculous.

I agree, I hate losing regardless but if it means our team will get better next year or the year after that I'm all for it. I'm behind the team 100%!! Though I still have to throw profanities at the TV when we do stupid things like penalties (which kill us) and drop balls and over thrown ones too. All we need is a GOOD qb and 1 or 2 GOOD linemen and we should be good to go offensively.

phinfan13/34 said:
I agree, I hate losing regardless but if it means our team will get better next year or the year after that I'm all for it. I'm behind the team 100%!! Though I still have to throw profanities at the TV when we do stupid things like penalties (which kill us) and drop balls and over thrown ones too. All we need is a GOOD qb and 1 or 2 GOOD linemen and we should be good to go offensively.

Im with ya. I hate losing, but i hate more losing the way we have been losing. And I get mad as hell during the game in the moment. Nothing wrong with that at all. But to continue the whining and moaning all week long week after week is a mental thing as far as I am concerned. I think there are alot of mental people on this board.

I agree the only complaint I have is the offensive play calling. They are going to wear out this defense with the passing plays and not running the ball like we should. This offense needs more balance especially since the passing game is leaving a lot to be desired.

Great post and agree I like what I see from Saban because he is constantly looking for players to fill weaknesses. Unlike the last coaching staff that just stuck with what we had. People just need to chill and let Saban do his thing because he knows what he is doing. Can't think of a bad player he has picked up either via free agence or draft. Just needs more time to get his players to play his system.

IAFINFAN said:
I agree the only complaint I have is the offensive play calling. They are going to wear out this defense with the passing plays and not running the ball like we should. This offense needs more balance especially since the passing game is leaving a lot to be desired.

Great post and agree I like what I see from Saban because he is constantly looking for players to fill weaknesses. Unlike the last coaching staff that just stuck with what we had. People just need to chill and let Saban do his thing because he knows what he is doing. Can't think of a bad player he has picked up either via free agence or draft. Just needs more time to get his players to play his system.

I completely agree with you, I love what Nick has done so far with the personel, he has made some great finds as opposed to only a few that havent worked. My biggest concern is why draft a RB #2, convince Ricky to come back and run the ball 14 times??? I only question the playcalling.

Heres to at least beating the Pathetics again this year!

Back
Top Bottom