MERGED:Good God...LIGHTEN UP\what is ya'lls problem? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Good God...LIGHTEN UP\what is ya'lls problem?

I totally agree with this thread. It seems like we have a bunch of bipolar fans who proclaim that we're going to the Super Bowl when we win one week, then turn into Chicken Littles, claiming everyone on the team is a bust the minute we lose. Sure it sucks to lose, and I'd rather watch my beloved Fins win all the time, but losses are gonna happen and I for one am not going to be a fair weather fan and walk out on the team just because we are losing.

Just my $0.02 :)

Regards,

You are absolutely right, it will all eventually come together. It may happen later this season or next season but when it does, I will still be touting my team and keeping the faith.

Saban has to realize Gus stinks and he is hurting us and putting us in a difficult position to win games. I wonder what the hell he sees in Gus and why he thinks that Gus will learn overnight how to throw the ball accurately on a consistent base.

btw good post. i know we aren't going anywhere this year and will do fine over the long term. Saban has called out secondary for sucking and why wont he do that with Gus "I can't hit the side of a barn 10 yards away" Frerrote?

WTF is yall's problem

Dont you understand. We are practically a new team. We can't win all of them and we will problably lose more than we win. Look at the Bengals and the Steelers. They had losing season's for year's until things started to click together. Same thing with San Diego. Yall need to chill out, we wont be a losing team for long. It's gonna take some time for things to click and it might not even be till a couple of years BUT better times are ahead.

Yall need to have the mindset that we are a .500 team at best. If you think with that mindset then that will alleviate some of your negative thoughts.

Peace

He may very well have done so behind closed doors; there's a difference between calling out a unit publicly and calling out an individual puiblicly.
Believe me; I want Sage in as badly as anyone.

death7star said:
Saban has to realize Gus stinks and he is hurting us and putting us in a difficult position to win games. I wonder what the hell he sees in Gus and why he thinks that Gus will learn overnight how to throw the ball accurately on a consistent base.

btw good post. i know we aren't going anywhere this year and will do fine over the long term. Saban has called out secondary for sucking and why wont he do that with Gus "I can't hit the side of a barn 10 yards away" Frerrote?

Yeah great Thesis. Its all Gus, everyone else is doing there jobs. I suppose you dont even watch the games. I suppose you are one of the empty seats come game time. I suppose you are somewhere else other than watching what is going on throughout the entire game. So, if we put in Sage, and we experience the same probs, then its someone elses fault then. I still here the AJ feelgooders hangin around.

We're right on track now, anybody who can't see that just doen't know what they are talking about or lacks any foresight.

I'll give you one of many reasons I'm concerned. Do you remember Hudson Houch's first press conference? He said the offensive linemen here are good enough and there was no need to spend too high of draft picks on one. Well, what marked improvement have you seen?

You are all saying it's only six games, give the regime some time and I agree with you.
But has anyone thought about the ramifications if Saban can't get it done? Then let me explain. He has COMPLETE CONTROL and has it fo five years. He has NO headcoaching experience in the NFL so it's not a given he will turn this around. As coach Saban says, "the devil is in the details." the Dolphins' play has slipped each
week since the Denver game and you all know it. Now, to the ramifications; if coach Saban fails it could set this franchise back so much neither you nor I will be around the next time they get to a Super Bowl. This is not baseball where you can over spend to get your team back on top quickly.

There is often a fine line between optimists and pessimists. And then there are [us] realists !! ;) :lol:

The Goat said:
[RANT] Aright - I don't do this very often (and I don't think I've ever done it in this forum) - but here's my tirade. The haters REALLY need to calm down a bit. For those of you who are doing any of the following:

a) Depressed to the point where you're ready to jump ship

b) Declaring the Saban era a failure

c) Saying all hope is lost for the future

...you need to calm down. Did any of you REALLY think what was wrong with this team was going to be fixed in SIX GAMES?

Personally? I'm happy with what's going on. Why? I'll tell you (and somewhere there's another post I made last year sayiong something similar):

This organization was consistently good throughout the 80s and 90s...and even the beginning of this decade. A couple years, it was great. The Dolphins had the best winning percentage in SPORTS HISTORY for awhile. We made the playoffs a lot, and Marino gave us some fantastic times. With a few breaks here and there, he would have had another shot at a ring. After that, the Fins were *still* good for a couple years. We re-tooled. We fixed problems. We were always COMPETETIVE, always dangerous. This team was still GOOD. But...

How many championships do you remember?

Me either.

Remember when the Patriots and the Cowboys and Tampa Bay were absolutely pathetic? Me too. How about when Marino hung about ten kajillion yard on the Rams that one time? Me too. Remember up until sometime in the 90s...the Packers had NEVER beaten the Dolphins? They were pretty bad, too.

They all rebuilt. They all tore everything down and built it back up...and won championships. That's what I want.

So...any of you who are actually saying "I give up on this team" - hand in your jerseys...because it just might get worse before it gets better...and I'm ready for it, because there were a LOT of things on this team that were broken, and they're not all going to be fixed in six games, or in one season.

If you can hang, there WILL be a payoff. If not, you're clearly not willing to pay the price that comes with fixing a broken team, and you were obviously spoiled with years of being "pretty darned good."

As for me, I'm tired of being good, but not good enough. 9-7 and 10-6 just doesn't cut it for me. I've said for nearly ten years that this team needs a rebuilding period, and now it has one. I'm willing to take a few years of sub-.500 ball to get the trophy. When it pays off, I'll be there, screaming my orange and turquoise-painted head off. Hope you're all there with me.

[/RANT]
Amen, brother! :up:

Keep in mind though that most of the worst schizophrenic posters are just kids.

phinking said:
You are all saying it's only six games, give the regime some time and I agree with you.
But has anyone thought about the ramifications if Saban can't get it done? Then let me explain. He has COMPLETE CONTROL and has it fo five years. He has NO headcoaching experience in the NFL so it's not a given he will turn this around. As coach Saban says, "the devil is in the details." the Dolphins' play has slipped each
week since the Denver game and you all know it. Now, to the ramifications; if coach Saban fails it could set this franchise back so much neither you nor I will be around the next time they get to a Super Bowl. This is not baseball where you can over spend to get your team back on top quickly.

Valid points here and in the original post. but please remember each year there is only one winner and 31 runners up.
Whether a coach has complete control or not its how the organsation as a whole blends together to make positive steps forward that important.
Across the NFL you have differing philosophies, differing defences differnet offences every one is right and every one is wrong. It depends on the individuals view on things.

Its clear from the things Saban has said that this team would not be in a position to compete until he had been through the full evaluation process and got his philosophy imprinted on to the team and thats looking like 2007.

I too am dissapointed in those willing to write of the team and Saban in a single post.
From the low base we started what did people expect, you cant produce a winner overnight , it will take at least a few years and a lot of luck .

Save the Saban bashing.
Give the man a chance.

Prove that we are fans of the team regardless.

Back
Top Bottom