Merged: Guess whose back/Our New backup/Scott Mitchell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Guess whose back/Our New backup/Scott Mitchell

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Guess whose back

not Slim Shady, but Scott Mitchell. If we get Brunnell, he might make a nice backup since both are lefties...
Mitchell, who played for the Dolphins from 1990-93, said he was planning to call Spielman and quarterbacks coach Marc Trestman, whom Mitchell played for in Detroit, to discuss a possible workout that could lead to a backup job.

''I know I can still play,'' Mitchell said Thursday. ``I'm healthy and a very young 36. I have a maturity level and an understanding of the game. I would love the opportunity to go back to the team where I started my career.''
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7831300.htm

Why would we want a 34 year old starter and a 36 year old back-up? Makes no sense to me.

I agree boomer. I cant see any reason to bring him in. I would rather have Dan come back.:goof:

Heh... maybe Norv would be kind enough to send us a couple of 40 year old WR's to add to our geriatric ward.

all we are talking about is a #2 who can come in and play QB (unlike Ray Lucas). Considering Griese is gone, Jay is right behind him and Sage is a RFA, we need to figure out all 3 QB slots; though we could start the Steon(er) man

Is he still wolfing down cheeseburgers like a Sally Struthers in front of starving children?

You really think that Scott Mitchell is a viable #2 option in this league? Ol' lead legs? At 36? It's not like he was John Elway to start with. This is a hocum story.

Scott Mitchell? LOL! This made my day...too funny.

The only part of it that makes any sense to me is backing up a lefty with a lefty. But his time away from the game doesn't portend well for his effectiveness in 2004.

I don't see why we wouldn't just tender Sage and use him as the #2? He does know the system, hasn't been out of football, and I believe he is just a tad bit younger. If you've got two 34-36 year old QB's... you gotta make sure your 3rd stringer is a lefty too... otherwise it's a moot point. :lol:

Sorry, I'd rather have Fiedler as a back-up. I know plenty of people on this board want him gone, but he's proven he can win games (whether it's because of his supporting cast or not, it's a fact). I'd feel a lot better with Fiedler on the sidelines than Mitchell.

With the Bengals at least it was because he kept ballooning up to like 260 lbs of flab scarfing down those cheeseburgers. He's like the Jared Lorenzen of the NFL.

at this pt. Mitchell w/b lucky to beat out Clint Stoener, but I see no reason to ignore him if we do not have Jay or BG here for QB school

Originally posted by ckparrothead
With the Bengals at least it was because he kept ballooning up to like 260 lbs of flab scarfing down those cheeseburgers. He's like the Jared Lorenzen of the NFL.
based on his comments, I presume he is part that stupidity
''I would pay my own way to go down there and show them where I am physically,'' Mitchell said. ``I think they would be pleasantly surprised.''

Back
Top Bottom