Merged: Harbaugh to 49ers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Harbaugh to 49ers

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
@Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Jim Harbaugh is expected to agree to a five-year contract with the 49ers. 2 minutes ago

That is the info Darlington is talking about.

Harbaugh to the Niners, Schefter Reports

Wow...

Ross just doesn't have the pull.

I thought he was going back to Stanford.

http://twitter.com/adamschefter

Either Harbaugh's family really loves the Bay Area enough to forgo 3 mil more a year (plus no state income tax) or he really views the Dolphins as a disaster. That's a reflection on the owner.

please quit posting this **** until something is final....this looks identical to on that came out yesterday, just replace 49ers with dolphins. You see where we are now, right?

Ross has got to tell us what went wrong.

If he got a change of heart I could understand. He was ready to give Fort Knox to a college coach who's done nothing to warrant his praise.

LOL he was going to us yesterday, tomorrow it will be Denver and after the weekend it will be back to Stanford.

Betcha I am right. Stop posting your ****.

SF also picks 7th with the ability to move up a little. There will still be a good QB left by that time and at least hope for a revival in SF. Where we pick, the long shots at QB will be left. SF will most likely make a grab for Mizzu QB Gabbert.

I think I might cry. :(

Nahhh. It's all good Nub's. If we had to beg and beg to get him, then I don't want him. We are the *** **** Miami Dolphins, we shouldn't need to beg for any coaches services. **** Jim Harbaugh. In 3 years when we are 12-4 and the 49er's are still 5-11 we'll be glad we didn't get him. I sure hope that's how it goes anyhow....

Last edited by a moderator:
he doesn't want to be here guys...ross did pretty much everything within his power to change his mind.

the guy would have a very hard time being successful here...face it...we've got no picks and the pats and jets are in our division...we have no QB to speak of.

it wasn't the right fit. period.

it sucks, but it is what it is.

if anything...blame harbaugh for backing down from the challenge of the jets/pats in our division.

COngrats to the 49ers winning the Super Bowl next year haha you guys are crazy who cares

It makes clear sense from all angles that he would choose the 9ers over the Fins. He remains in the Bay Area . . .meaning his family won't have to uproot. They play in a weak division, meaning he can have early success next year, something that may not have happened in the AFC East. The 9ers have 3 franchise skill position players in Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree, the Dolphins have Brandon Marshall. The whole situation is very similar to Atlanta's, except the 9ers probably have a better defense than Atlanta's defense in 2008. If he can find a decent QB to work with, they are in the playoffs next year, no question . . . with Miami, he struggles to make the playoffs next season.

It is a real solid move from Harbaugh, even if he is leaving money on the table. Money isn't everything, and 2 guys from Stanford just proved that.

It doesn't help that Miami handled this whole ordeal with alot of arrogance and lacked business ethics, and I think that also played a role in all of this.

just reported on NFL network... i would say its official... Harbaugh to 49ers

Back
Top Bottom