Merged: He's one tough SOB / Henry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: He's one tough SOB / Henry

Its not really a question of who is better. Henry is clearly having a better year than Ricky. It seems like Ricky isn't as focused as he was last year. If Henry continues to improve it may be very possible that he turns out to be the better back even if Ricky regains focus.

Re: Re: Ricky Williams vs Travis Henry

Originally posted by ZOD

Tatonka,

I will give you kudos on having a good running back if you give me kudos for recognizing that Donahoe and his lap dogs at ESPN are morons.

Again, why did "the genius" draft a handicapped RB in the 1st round when his team obviously needed help elsewhere.

because there wasn't any player in the draft who could make an instant impact (based on studies then)left when it was time for the bills to pick. I've asked this back then and I'll ask it again, who would people have picked at 23? How many players before the 23rd are even making waves? A handful.

If McGahee turns out to be another great rb, we have trade bait for instant impact players or high draft picks.

wow.. i guess it was a bad day to pick to have a debate about players..

Good for you more draft picks, if your trying to make fin fans jealous, cause you have had some 1st round picks, I think we have had one in the last 5 years, and we wasted it on Fletcher a midget Corner, who can't play at the NFL level.

Originally posted by philyphin
Henry is gutsy player, he is having another good year, Ricky is a way better player, but isn't getting any help. Miami's offensive line is got to be the worst in the NFL. They can't protect the QB, can't open running lanes, Hell they can't even block a 3 man rush, I don't know if its line or there coaching, but something needs to change.

I still think RW is a better rb. Any rb who's been worked as hard as RW was early in the season is going to be burned out in the later part of the season because of the lack of a passing game.

Originally posted by Tatonka
wow.. i guess it was a bad day to pick to have a debate about players..

It's your sudden appearance after a bills win and a Dolphins loss that's got them ticked off Tatonka. :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Ricky Williams vs Travis Henry

Originally posted by justafan

because there wasn't any player in the draft who could make an instant impact (based on studies then)left when it was time for the bills to pick. I've asked this back then and I'll ask it again, who would people have picked at 23? How many players before the 23rd are even making waves?

buffalo had just completed a sign and trade...apparently, you guys thought price was more expendable than he really was, and you expected moulds to continue to play injury free football for many more years(i know i did ;) ). too much stock was put into josh reed, and unproven...who's had some decent games but is probably not your #2.

you asked who should've been taken at #23? i'll tell you, anquan boldin.

Re: Re: Re: Ricky Williams vs Travis Henry

because there wasn't any player in the draft who could make an instant impact (based on studies then)left when it was time for the bills to pick. I've asked this back then and I'll ask it again, who would people have picked at 23? How many players before the 23rd are even making waves? A handful.

If McGahee turns out to be another great rb, we have trade bait for instant impact players or high draft picks.

So what you are saying is that there was nobody out there that could improve your team?

Josh Reed didn't turn out to be what we thought now did he?

I told my brother-in-law (cowboys fan) I might take Bobby Shaw in a fantasy league and he said Bobby who?

The team had plenty of holes to fill. If this guy was such "a genius" he would have seen the talent. Instead........

He's riding on the "coach sucks" bandwagon and hiring another proven loser (Dick Lebau) to hang in the wings.

The organization hired a 4-6 defense coach and didn't give him the talent to suit the system that he knows.

They took on a bloated salary of a big name, average QB because of the prior failure.

Quite frankly, that entire organization is a mess from the management down to the players.

A "hodge podge" of rejects from around the NFL.

It's your sudden appearance after a bills win and a Dolphins loss that's got them ticked off Tatonka. :lol:

It's also because his buddy MOULDSROCKS already had a thread about this (after not showing his face here for 2 months).

Maybe next week it'll be relevant. But right now, we're not in the mood to play these games.

Re: He's one tough SOB

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
and real good too!

----------------
TH... in 10 games... with a broken leg and torn rib cartilage
Rush: 273
Yds: 1139
Avg: 4.2
TD's: 10
----------------
RW... in 13 games
Rush: 325
Yds: 1081
Avg: 3.3
TD's: 7

It's time to give him his due respect for being such a warrior as well as an amazing player.
and that zachseau guy or whatever will tell you how bad our o-line is.

You're the biggest ****ing clown ever. Nobody gives a rats *** about Henry so stay on your own board. Besides, aren't you all up on McGahees balls yet?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ricky Williams vs Travis Henry

Originally posted by ZOD

So what you are saying is that there was nobody out there that could improve your team?

Josh Reed didn't turn out to be what we thought now did he?

I told my brother-in-law (cowboys fan) I might take Bobby Shaw in a fantasy league and he said Bobby who?

The team had plenty of holes to fill. If this guy was such "a genius" he would have seen the talent. Instead........

He's riding on the "coach sucks" bandwagon and hiring another proven loser (Dick Lebau) to hang in the wings.

The organization hired a 4-6 defense coach and didn't give him the talent to suit the system that he knows.

They took on a bloated salary of a big name, average QB because of the prior failure.

Quite frankly, that entire organization is a mess from the management down to the players.

A "hodge podge" of rejects from around the NFL.
ZOD do you even watch the bills games?

Lebeau ? Ha!!! Who's got the no. 2 D in the NFL right now? Without a DE to compliment Shobel, lebeau brought in the Zone blitz and we a on top of the league. Imagine what we could do if we had a DE opposite Shobel. You are way off. Funny you should criticize the leagues second rated D since we hired Lebeau. :lol:

Our organization is a mess. How different is our team from the fins? You pick up a srub qb from Jacksonville who hasn't done squat in 4 years. You pick up Lucas and now Griese. Need I mention Nails who was a bills scrub who hasn't done anything but have 1 great season? What about Derrius Thompson?

Easy for you to criticize our draft when you guys have a bust in Fletcher.

Drew may suck right now but back then he was the best qb available. Apparently we got a OC who can't coach for crap. That was our teams biggest mistake.

It's been 3 years since the bills rebuilt from the bottom up . The fins hasn't had to rebuild but yet your team has regressed throught the years. I will admit the bills isn't all that but before you criticize an organization, yours isn't all that either and it isn't gonna get better next year when you are over the cap and still haven't found a qb that can make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
buffalo had just completed a sign and trade...apparently, you guys thought price was more expendable than he really was, and you expected moulds to continue to play injury free football for many more years(i know i did ). too much stock was put into josh reed, and unproven...who's had some decent games but is probably not your #2.

Things is it is easy for you to say Reed didn't pan out after the fact. Back then from a bills perspective we needed a DE more than a rookie wr. Whether the McGahee draft is genius, it remains to be seen.

Nobody was going nuts over Boldin during the draft. It's easy for you now to say we should've taken him because he panned out for the cardinals. During the draft when I asked finfans who would make an impact , no one said Boldin, not even you. :rolleyes:

No, serious. Tatonka, Mouldrocks..Someone, please explain to me what event prompted the sudden growth of testicles. You guys havent showed up in how long?

Losers.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Please don't compare a bad season by ricky williams to one of the better season you will ever see out of Travis.

as far as i can tell.. ricky has only had one good year.. unless you count that SOLID 1200 yard season he has in NO in his third season... prior to that.. 850, and 1000.. wow.. dominant.

he had one 1800 yard season.. and that was obviously a fluke... judging from his performance this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom