Merged: If Stemke kicks like this all the time, he has to make the team!/Punter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: If Stemke kicks like this all the time, he has to make the team!/Punter

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
If Stemke kicks like this all the time, he has to make the team!

Stemke is kicking the ball about 10 yards farther than Royals typically does and with decent hangtime. With 4-5 punts a game, this could make about 50 yards a game difference in field position. I know some people say punters aren't that important...but this much difference could net us an extra win during the season!

Royals's punting contributed to losses late in the year...so yea it does make a difference

Lets see him place one inside the 20. While he has kicked well.....but he didn't kick from midfield or anything.

Originally posted by Muck
Lets see him place one inside the 20. While he has kicked well.....but he didn't kick from midfield or anything.

He kicked 2 inside the 20:

NO AVG I20 LG
K. Stemke 5 46.6 2 56

Those are some great numbers.

What I'm saying is.....he didn't have to place any of them. All he had to do was kick them high and far. I want to see if this guy can pin one inside the 5.

Muck, agreed. I think Royals might very well be a better situational punter. However, Stemke can boom it and if he can in fact drop it down and stop it on a dime inside the five, I would have to say Royals is as good as packed.

he// with that....you can teach him to take something off the ball but you can't teach BOOM.....If he's got poise under pressure, Royals is gone.

hey look, stemke isnt the 2nd coming of ray guy, we'll all agree...but royals was very instrumental in that 9-7, 3rd place finish. the guy is finished, and the fact that he was brought back is baffling to me.

**remembers thinking what a bad season royals was having JUST before attempting that fateful 4th quarter punt**

Stemke was punting beautifully.. I was at the ESPNZone to watch the game and even Buccs fans were like "What a Kick!!" Our fliers are in mid season form and our special teams looks alot stronger this year with Stemke in.. Mare of course made all his field goals and also was EXCELLENT in kickoffs.. Anyone realize how far Olindo was kicking the kickoffs??? There was one kickoff where he started it at the 25 because of a end zone celebration penalty and he still kicked it into the end zone!!.. MAre and Stemke are putting Miami's defense in nice position.. The defense needs to stop someone though :rolleyes:

I hope he makes this team. I am flabbergasted ( ;) ) with the way he punted today. It was incredible. 3 Over 50+ yards. 2 Inside the 20. This guy may be the solution to our Punting Troubles.

EDIT: I have always been behind Royals, but after seeing this guy Punt, I want to see him stmake this team because if we cut him, he will go to another team.

Yeah alot of you Royal-Haters are going to really like that Stemke can boom it. I am glad he can....let the best player start at every position.

I like Stemke punting, myself.

What will happen to our kicking game though with Ed Perry out and if Stemke does get signed? Mare IS picky about his holder, etc, and it takes time to get it all down.

Didn't see the game last night (not shown in UK!!!) but Stemke's stats were impressive. I still have doubts about him, as I saw him play with the Claymores in NFLE and he sucked. He didn't look like he could punt 40 yards, never mind 50!

Back
Top Bottom