Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick

I agree. The reason everyone is reacting so much is because we had all these injuries at once, and we might as well. Let's just hope our WR core doesn't get banged up like last year. Let's hope our starting QB can play all season. Instead of worrying about a long snapper and a back up LB, let's pray non of our pro bowlers and such don't get hurt.

My 2 cents........

Lets just be positive and look at what we have. We're still very healthy from a man standpoint. We've lost TWO players for the season. One backup and one long snapper. Those losses hurt. But as many of us have said before, it could be MUCH worse.

So here's to the future. Things will be better. I gaurantee it. And they'll start getting better this Friday in Jacksonville. Uncle Muck says so. :)

Hey Rob,

No Problem. I think it would be very interesting to track injuries in some way. I know that when Parcells took over the Jets way back when, the first thing he wanted to do was to increase their conditioning level to decrease injuries...

Whenever it is tough to take the horrible losses in the playoffs. I just think back to the fact that we got there. My wife is a cowboys fan. She wishes she could watch as many winning games the last couple of years as I get to...rebuilding years suck. We tend to forget that since we haven't had one...like ever. OK, so since like 88 or something...

Originally posted by WharfRat

Heh... I just re-watched Tombstone last night...

I just had a mental picture of Wyatt, Morgan, and Virgil bearing down on the Clancy brothers...

:horsey:

:lol: I think this thread was getting some special attention from the mods...

Re: Thank you...Uncle Muck!

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
:)

You're welcome, son. Now go get yourself some ice cream out of the freezer. Don't let Aunt Wharf see you. :tongue:

That's a good point Eltos...

I wonder about that a lot. I wonder if its better to have one or two deplorable seasons to get real good...or whether its better to be good but not great for many seasons.

I know I would really suffer with a 4-12 year...but the short term angst might be better then the long term frustration...

I don't want start another discussion and
I honestly don't know which is better.

I guess at this point in my life I want to witness a Superbowl victory...but that's easy to say when the team is so close.

Re: That's a good point Eltos...

I wonder about that a lot. I wonder if its better to have one or two deplorable seasons to get real good...or whether its better to be good but not great for many seasons.

I know I would really suffer with a 4-12 year...but the short term angst might be better then the long term frustration...

I don't want start another discussion and
I honestly don't know which is better.

I guess at this point in my life I want to witness a Superbowl victory...but that's easy to say when the team is so close.

If we ever had a 4-12 year, I would follow the Dolphins religiously and chart the improvement of every new player and dream of the day that it will all come together again but, one thing I would DEFINATELY not do is read these forums anywhere near as much as I do now. The negativity and whining would be so out of control that it would not be any fun whatsoever to come here and read all the crap.

Re: No one is jumping off any bandwagon...

but we are also not going blindly into the wind saying.."Yippee, everything is great...we lost a couple of players, so what...after all we will still go to the Superbowl, even if we lose 2 players for the season ever game...blah, blah, blah."

Some of us are tired of losing the following players over the last few years to season-ending injuries or at least missing significant time:

Yatil Green
Larry Shannon
Albrt Johnson
Eddie Moore
Eddie Perry
Marcus Spriggs
Brent Smith
Davern Williams
David Bowens
Mark Dixon
Daryl Gardener
Zach Thomas
Oronde Gadsden
Jay Fiedler
Tim Bowens
Jason Taylor
Richmond Webb
Rob Konrad
Chris Chambers
Jaime Nails
Sam Madison
Patrick Surtain
Morlon Greenwood
Shawn Wooden
Rob Burnett
O.J. McDuffie...

Whats the point of the list? To point out that so many of our players have gotten hurt in the past? Well I'm sure if you check out the history of any other team you are going to see a similar amount of injuries.

As far as the injurys lingering, would you prefer to have them get hurt during the season and be rushed back early. Or would you rather have it happen early in the preseason and have them get some extra rest? Personally i go for option #2, and yes they can get hurt again during the season but thats the cards you're dealt so you just deal with it.

Dixon's is the most serious and I'm sure will be addressed if necessary. Theres no reason to have a knee-jerk reaction and have the FO go out and sign someone like Webb if Smith can get in the flow. If by the 3rd preseason game he's still getting manhandled then i'll get worried, right now its a much better choice to give smith A LOT more time at LT.

The rest of the players can be replaced by either FA signings on cut down day or by players already on our roster.

And as far as eddie moore's career possibly being over, I wouldnt put too much on that. Duce Staley came back a year later and as far as Rhett, he sucked before the injury, and he sucked after. It was just a matter of time for him to be done.

Now if important people start going down, or we lose a few more depth players, then i'll start worrying. Untill then, I'm just going to see what the youngens do with the extra playing time.

That might be right Cridesman...

I would be interested to see if other teams could come up with a comparable list on injuries...

I am not sure that many other teams could match our recent injury history...but I don't know...it would be interesting to find out.

Re: Re: Thank you...Uncle Muck!

Originally posted by Muck

You're welcome, son. Now go get yourself some ice cream out of the freezer. Don't let Aunt Wharf see you. :tongue:

Oh for Pete's Sake.. let him have some ice cream... :icecream:

Hey wait a minute!.... did you just call me Aunt Wharf? :tantrum:

Re: That might be right Cridesman...

I would be interested to see if other teams could come up with a comparable list on injuries...

I am not sure that many other teams could match our recent injury history...but I don't know...it would be interesting to find out.

I look at it like this, the way the REFS were refing that Bucs game we are damn lucky the majority of our players didn't get seriously injured last Friday.

We have alot of ppl out, but thankfully to this point they have been mainly reserve players. The Dixon injury is tough though.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom