Merged: Jason Taylor returing to Dolphins? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Taylor returing to Dolphins?

Yea its blind to think that a player who is 8th alltime in sacks is one of the best pass rushers of all time, how idiotic of me to believe that. Never said he was a 1st balllot hall of famer but yes he is a hall of famer whether u like it or not.

He's not a HOFer, there are better pass rushers not in the Hall. He's not making it, jason was a great frontrunning pass rusher. He wasn't the type of player you could count on in a big spot. I think he played in 9 playoff games and has zero career playoff sacks.

He's not a HOFer, there are better pass rushers not in the Hall. He's not making it, jason was a great frontrunning pass rusher. He wasn't the type of player you could count on in a big spot. I think he played in 9 playoff games and has zero career playoff sacks.

Well thats your opinion but member of all decade team defensive player of the year multiple pro bowls as well as first team NFL I would bet money that Jason Taylor makes the hall. We can argue this to death but we will not know the answer for years. Taylor was not just a sack artist he also is among the top defensive players that scored touchdowns and was disruptive all over the place.

Well thats your opinion but member of all decade team defensive player of the year multiple pro bowls as well as first team NFL I would bet money that Jason Taylor makes the hall. We can argue this to death but we will not know the answer for years. Taylor was not just a sack artist he also is among the top defensive players that scored touchdowns and was disruptive all over the place.

There are members of previous all decade teams, p[revious all pros, etc... not in the Hall. Jason has a chance thanks to that DPOY award but again better pass rushers aren't in and those guys actually were difference makers for their teams in big games.

There are members of previous all decade teams, p[revious all pros, etc... not in the Hall. Jason has a chance thanks to that DPOY award but again better pass rushers aren't in and those guys actually were difference makers for their teams in big games.

Well like I said we wont know the answer for some years but I would definately bet money on it and how many big games did Taylor really get a chance to play in in his peak. I mean sure if u play for Pittsburgh u have plenty of chances to make big plays in games. The reality is that the dolphins overall were not great teams. Hell Marino had some bad playoff games but he was still among the best qb's eve3r.

Until Chris Doleman gets in the Hall of Fame.....JT will be on the outside looking in.

Well like I said we wont know the answer for some years but I would definately bet money on it and how many big games did Taylor really get a chance to play in in his peak. I mean sure if u play for Pittsburgh u have plenty of chances to make big plays in games. The reality is that the dolphins overall were not great teams. Hell Marino had some bad playoff games but he was still among the best qb's eve3r.

Taylor's 1st 5 years he was in the playoffs every year and in other years they had some games late in the year to determine if they made the playoffs and he didn't show up.

Marino carried an average team to postseason nearly every year, taylor was the leader of one of the NFL's all time biggest choking defenses in the late 90s-early 00s then spent a good portion of his career accumulating #s in meaningless games. There is no comparison btw marino and Taylor.

He is eighth all time in sacks, tied with LT.

He is eighth all time in sacks, tied with LT.

Keep in mind the sack wasn't an official stat until 1982, if it was he wouldn't be close to the top 10 and he wouldn't be tied w/ LT b/c his rookie sack #s would count- oh and Jason has played in 33 more games but I know you weren't trying to compare jason to LT in any way.

second, Kevin Greene is 3rd and not in the hall, Chris doleman is 4th and not in the hall. There are better pass rushers w/ lower sack #s that aren't in.

Back
Top Bottom