Merged: Jason Taylor returing to Dolphins? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Taylor returing to Dolphins?

I know what you are saying and you know how I have trashed Parcells and company for how they treated him, but none of the above list became a JET!

JT of all people should know what a huge flip of the bird that was.

The phins didn't want to sign JT so he is supposed to crawl underneath a rock and die!! Jets were interested and they had a chance of winning the superbowl so he took the opportunity. Some of you must of forgot how dolphins handled that situation with JT which was done poorly, they should have been str8 up with dude!!! By the way how many times did you say to yourself last yr if would have signed JT for the "minimum" and JT on one side and cam on the other end!!!

We need depth there behind Misi, he's a perfect situational pass rusher that brings leadership qualities and the price will be cheap to boot! This would be a smart pick up for a year while Misi learns to become a great defender!!!!

He has so much left that in very limited playing time, he got 5.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. How many of each did MISI get, playing full time?

Not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison. You're comparing a rookie to a 14 year veteran.

By the way Taylor had 5 sacks, 36 tackles, 2 FF, 6 PD and 1 safety.

Misi had 5 sacks, 41 tackles, 2 PD and 1 TD...not bad for a rookie who's never played linebacker before.

Not sure what you call very limited playing time but I know for sure Taylor started at least 4 games while Calvin Pace was serving a suspension.

gotta admit JT would be a great addition to the team especially in a shortened offseason. I think Nolan could make him thrive more than he would have because of the schemes and system he brings. I personally am hoping for Antwan Barnes but JT is not a bad plan either. Basically depends on if they plan on keeping Misi outside and keeping Crowder inside or if they want to cut Channing and try misi inside. IF thats the way they are gonna go i think you see us strongly chase Edwards Lawson or Barnes. If we are to keep Misi Outside and keep Crowder than i could see us going after a JT for the situational veteran role.

Jets debacle aside, I just don't see JT as part of the fast and furious opening of FA. If he is still around after the frenzy, and signs for a modest contract then maybe.

i said one of the best dolphin defenders and if u dont think jason taylor is one of best pass rushers ever well thats a warped opinion based on no facts at all. And yea your right MArino was a scrub because he never won the so called big games either and I guess Jake Long can go on that list since against baltimore he was pretty invisible in his one playoff game.lso what do u expect u will get for the vet minimum a current all pro, Im sure there wont be a lot of studs asking for minimum. I dont have any kind of bromance with taylor but Im not stupid enough to think he was not an alltime dolphin great defender and one of the best pass rushers ever.

He is an all time great pass rusher for us, but it doesn't mean some of us have to root for us to resign him. I think almost every fan knows that the NFL is a business first, especially after this offseason with the lockout.

But being a fan doesn't mean we have to treat every single decision with the mentality that it's a business first. I bleed Aqua and Orange and I absolutely despise the Jets. When JT took less money to play for them over us (which I 100% BELIEVE happened) than that crossed the line for me. In the end my opinion doesn't matter absolutely one bit to the dolphins if they want to resign him, to JT if he wants to resign with the Dolphins, or to the Jets if they want to sign him. But it doesn't mean I can't view him going to the team I hate the most as an act of betrayal. Thats the benefit of being a fan and not having to think about football as business first.

i said one of the best dolphin defenders and if u dont think jason taylor is one of best pass rushers ever well thats a warped opinion based on no facts at all. And yea your right MArino was a scrub because he never won the so called big games either and I guess Jake Long can go on that list since against baltimore he was pretty invisible in his one playoff game.lso what do u expect u will get for the vet minimum a current all pro, Im sure there wont be a lot of studs asking for minimum. I dont have any kind of bromance with taylor but Im not stupid enough to think he was not an alltime dolphin great defender and one of the best pass rushers ever.

You like using poor analogies to try to justify your position. First with trying to compare JT with Marshall with a leadership role, now with comparing JTs inability to do something in big games to Marino and Jake Long. I said nothing to make your ridiculous statements true. And you do have enough of a bromance to believe he is one of the bast pass rushers ever, while never performing in any big game. You think he's a first ballot HOF, that's your opinion, but he is certainly not one of the best pass rushers of ALL TIME. One of the best Dolphin defenders, ok...but that wasn't what I was commenting about.

Your blind love has got you reading things that aren't there. Parcells, Marino, Jake Long....stop deflecting. I am talking about JT. Besides being a shell of his former self, he does not show any signs of being a great leader in the lockerroom. So what if we possibly can get him for the league min, I'm sure after cuts there will be other cheap options as well better and younger than him. He is a diva and the only reason he is still in the league, is because he can't get his acting career going. We can do better, and hopefully will.

Not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison. You're comparing a rookie to a 14 year veteran.

By the way Taylor had 5 sacks, 36 tackles, 2 FF, 6 PD and 1 safety.

Misi had 5 sacks, 41 tackles, 2 PD and 1 TD...not bad for a rookie who's never played linebacker before.

Not sure what you call very limited playing time but I know for sure Taylor started at least 4 games while Calvin Pace was serving a suspension.

I didn't see enough of Misi but I'd be surprised if he wasn't better than Taylor. I was really disappointed in taylor. I thought w/ our D and using him as a situational pass rusher he'd have close to 10 sacks and apply pressure to the QB consistently. He made a couple of big plays but most of his work was taken care of in garbage time. I think he can still be useful for a team but I wouldn't expect anything more than a bit player at this point.

The guy was working out right across from me a month ago here in Weston, and I was obvously looking at him, and he said,
"Hey, Do you want an autograph"?

And I said, "No, you should go work out in New York if you like it so much".

The guy is an *******

The guy was working out right across from me a month ago here in Weston, and I was obvously looking at him, and he said,
"Hey, Do you want an autograph"?

And I said, "No, you should go work out in New York if you like it so much".

The guy is an *******

Yes we could tell he is the *** from that conversation:lol:

You like using poor analogies to try to justify your position. First with trying to compare JT with Marshall with a leadership role, now with comparing JTs inability to do something in big games to Marino and Jake Long. I said nothing to make your ridiculous statements true. And you do have enough of a bromance to believe he is one of the bast pass rushers ever, while never performing in any big game. You think he's a first ballot HOF, that's your opinion, but he is certainly not one of the best pass rushers of ALL TIME. One of the best Dolphin defenders, ok...but that wasn't what I was commenting about.

Your blind love has got you reading things that aren't there. Parcells, Marino, Jake Long....stop deflecting. I am talking about JT. Besides being a shell of his former self, he does not show any signs of being a great leader in the lockerroom. So what if we possibly can get him for the league min, I'm sure after cuts there will be other cheap options as well better and younger than him. He is a diva and the only reason he is still in the league, is because he can't get his acting career going. We can do better, and hopefully will.

Yea its blind to think that a player who is 8th alltime in sacks is one of the best pass rushers of all time, how idiotic of me to believe that. Never said he was a 1st balllot hall of famer but yes he is a hall of famer whether u like it or not.

Also my comparism of Taylor and Marshall is a fair analagy especially since Marshall is our best player on offense and he has definately been a more distruptive force to a team than Jason taylor ever was. Big game or not Dan Marino was the best qb ever and big game or not Jason Taylor is one of the best pass rusher's ever only like 30 more than any active player at 132.5. I doubt for the price u will find a better player , yes younger but he was better than any backup linebacker we had on our team last year and it wasnt even close. Hmmm Quinton Moses or Jason Taylor spelling our guys yea thats a tough one.

Back
Top Bottom