Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
kastofsna120 said:
we'll probably never know if they're interested in him unless they draft him. there will be smokescreens and reports if things come draft time, like every year

Ya if this is the guy Saban wants he will not let it out of the bag!

Yeah, Nick Saban is the last person you'll hear say that we're interested in him. If we get him, you'll never hear Nick say it.

fishypete said:
Everything unless quoted by Saban is speculation....thats why it's a fan website. DOH!
actually even what saban says is speculation, as i doubt (hope) anything he says to the media is set in stone whatsoever

He's a beast...can he play QB and LB?

http://www.bodybuilders.com/jay.htm

clear.gif

:)

Agent51 said:
Sorry for ANOTHER Cutler/QB thread, but I have a question I haven't seen asked:

Are we even INTERESTED in him?

I remember there were articles before about how we like Quinn, or about how we saw something in Printers etc etc etc, but I haven't seen anything on us scouting/being interested in Cutler. You'd think there would be SOMETHING if we were since Quinn got a writeup and he's not even coming out.

To answer your question....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=109940&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Passers

We are interested in Cutler, along with Young and Quinn. But we do not have any interest in Rivers what so ever.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
He's a beast...can he play QB and LB?

http://www.bodybuilders.com/jay.htm

clear.gif

:)

Can we stop it with the bodybuilder jokes please? This is like the third one I've seen today. I'd rather start seeing the "Ricky's a pothead" jokes pop up again than see another pic of the "other" Jay Cutler.

Anyway, in that article that said we were interested and scouting Quinn, it also said that we were interested in Young and Cutler, and that we weren't interested in Rivers. Cutler looks like the only one out of the three mentioned that may be available to us now.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
From "earned" draft slot, we all hope not.

However, keep in mind the possibility of trading up to get him, if we dont have the QB on the roster we want that is.

I'm assuming that we will be a 10 or 11 win team next year, given the improvement we've seen over one year. So moving up from where we will be picking to a top 3 pick would cost a fortune, like an entire draft plus some picks the year after, which I highly doubt Saban would even consider.

Caps said:
Can we stop it with the bodybuilder jokes please? This is like the third one I've seen today. I'd rather start seeing the "Ricky's a pothead" jokes pop up again than see another pic of the "other" Jay Cutler.

Anyway, in that article that said we were interested and scouting Quinn, it also said that we were interested in Young and Cutler, and that we weren't interested in Rivers. Cutler looks like the only one out of the three mentioned that may be available to us now.

Can we stop it with "another" thread on all the same topics?????

Caps said:
I'm assuming that we will be a 10 or 11 win team next year, given the improvement we've seen over one year. So moving up from where we will be picking to a top 3 pick would cost a fortune, like an entire draft plus some picks the year after, which I highly doubt Saban would even consider.

Sure, I think it could be to rich, but next year is so far away to even consider "waiting" for Quinn and still hoping he is the real deal, that anything is possible.

I think he is a solid NFL QB prospect, but playing the fantasy "what would we do a year from now" shouldnt remove the possibility that we would have the wherewithal to make such an investment in him and acquire picks necessary to package and get him.

I agree with you for the most part that its silly to speculate and we should make other plans now and not wait and hope.

@@@@@ said:
You sit him for maybe for 10-11 games then give him a few starts (depending on the postseason picture) to break him in and smoothen the start to the following season
Right Idea, but I would not quantify the amount of games he sits. I think he comes into the season as a back up. Then get him in a few of the later games once the playoff picture is done. OR if we are still in the hunt for playoffs he sits the whole year (a la Carson Palmer), remember the main reason Palmer sat the WHOLE year was that Kitna had them heading to the playoffs and they were in almost all those games.

Most rookies need some time to develop, so you do not rush him in. We have the runners and defense to not put too much pressure on him (as a rookie) just like what Pitt did last year and Chicago did most of this year.

Its cutler or trade down imo....

I have been thinking about the draft today, and looking at a ton of mock drafts and player rankings, and i think cutler is our guy unless he is gone, and he could be gone there are teams ahead of us that could take him and if he is gone i think saban will try his best to trade down and get more picks because the draft is deep in alot of positions we need like olb,db,o-line. so why pick greenway or huff in the 1st when you can trade down and get someone like manny lawson or zemaitis and get more picks. even the d-tackle spot is deep, ngata, rod wright, gabe watson, wroten, mahelona, o.harris, bunkley, we could get one of these guys with a 3rd. we need to get some more picks!!!

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom